Author Topic: error message  (Read 4573 times)

767 Pilot

error message
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:51:19 pm »
I had the pleasure of uninstalling some buttholes ransomware.....it only infected my prepar. I have completely cleaned it out and started over.....I've added some of my FSDT sceneries and I get this error message.....Mind you the scenery has installed BUT I keep getting these error messages....

Thanks,
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: error message
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 02:00:19 pm »
I've added some of my FSDT sceneries and I get this error message.....

That's because you haven't installed GSX, which is required by lots of our sceneries and, of course, is entirely free to use there.

767 Pilot

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:22 am »
GSX is not only installed but active as well....so I ran the FSDT update where I got another error message saying "trouble saving to XML file"

Doug

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:09:46 am »
Did you turn off the Firewall / Antyvirus during Install and installes with Admniistrator privileges? That could be a cause of the troubles as well...
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:30 am »
GSX is not only installed but active as well....so I ran the FSDT update where I got another error message saying "trouble saving to XML file"

That seems to indicate something ( antivirus, most likely ) is blocking access to the GSX add-on.xml file, which must be updated for GSX to work, otherwise it wouldn't be able to find its objects. Try disabling the antivirus during the update.

Another possible reason is a permission problem, or an external utility that had access to the GSX add-on.xml file which is running, or possibly corrupted it. That ransomware you said you installed might have caused this.

Try this:

- Remove the Document\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager folder

- Reinstall GSX

767 Pilot

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 03:13:24 am »
Well unfortunately nothing worked....turned off all anti-virus, reinstalled GSX and uninstalled GSX.....still get the error looking for the XML file...

Up for suggestions....

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 11:28:10 am »
Well unfortunately nothing worked....turned off all anti-virus, reinstalled GSX and uninstalled GSX.....still get the error looking for the XML file...

The precise, exact, text of the message, please.

767 Pilot

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 02:02:08 am »
Update.....Good news bad news... Good news GSX works! Tried it out on KAIH and it worked just fine! Jetways, luggage carts etc all worked just fine!!! GSX also work on other 3rd party airports!!!

So whats the bad news??? Wont install FSDT airports! Says I have "insufficient memory"! Trust me I have above and beyond memory!!! A terabyte on one and 64 gig on the other!
I did enclose a screenshot of the error message....

Thanks,
Doug 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 03:02:03 pm »
So whats the bad news??? Wont install FSDT airports! Says I have "insufficient memory"! Trust me I have above and beyond memory!!! A terabyte on one and 64 gig on the other!

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the installer.  If you Googled for that error code, it would reports thousand of similar reports, and all points to the usual "bugged antivirus" error, this one was related to Windows Defender Ransomware protection:

https://hide.me/en/knowledgebase/how-to-fix-windows-client-error-0x80030070-during-installation/

This was caused by a bug in Bitdefender:

http://throwback.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000014886-ipersistfile-save-failed-error-while-installing

767 Pilot

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 04:20:14 am »
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!! With a hand extended a firm hand shake and a great deal of gratitude, that was the problem!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Doug