Author Topic: Passengers  (Read 1545 times)

kevinmdavis2010

Passengers
« on: July 23, 2019, 01:43:16 pm »
Hi fellow Flight Simmers,
I've been using GSX Level 2 (and love it)! for P3d4.  The only issue I'm experiencing is that GSX doesn't seem to know how many passengers are on a flight.  For example, I used Simbrief to generate a flight plan for the PMDG 737, and Simbrief generated a random number of passengers.  I set that number up in the FMC, but when I requested boarding with GSX, it boarded 179 passengers, when I put around 143 in the FMC.  Does GSX communicate with the FMC to determine how many passengers are on the flight, or does it generate it itself? 
Regards,
Kevin Davis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 02:34:20 pm »
This has been discussed so many times and, of course, it's fully explained in the manual, at Page 11:

GSX will calculate Deboarding time by estimating the number of passengers on board, which equals to the sum of all the stations in the [weight_and_balance] section of the aircraft.cfg of the airplane in use, divided by 220 lbs. which is an industry standard method of calculating how much a single passenger + baggages weights, in average.

And Page 29:

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

In addition to that, there are several variables that 3rd party developers can use to communicate the passenger number they have calculated using any other means, so GSX can sync with them automatically without having the user setting the passenger number automatically, but it must be done by the developers of the addon.