Author Topic: Question regarding purchasing sceneries  (Read 6370 times)

ypaul

Question regarding purchasing sceneries
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:59:49 pm »
Hello,

1) if i buy 4 sceneries today am i entitled to a 30% discount of each scenery ?

2) am i entitled to run it on both fsx and fs9 ?

3) i tend to reinstall my OS quite often (every 1-2 months) will i encouter any difficulties activation my sceneries ?? what happenes if i decide to upgrade my hardware ?? will i have to contact you guys in order to activate it ?? what will happen i'll decide to upgrade a hardweare part, and you'd go out of business (god forbids) who will activate my scenery ?

would like a speedy answer on this as i want to purchase the sceneries today

thanks,

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question regarding purchasing sceneries
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:56 pm »
1) if i buy 4 sceneries today am i entitled to a 30% discount of each scenery ?

Yes, of course.

2) am i entitled to run it on both fsx and fs9 ?

Yes, absolutely. They will share the same activation, if you have FSX and FS9 on the same PC and Windows installation, or they just take 2 activations (of the 6 you have available before having to contact us for a reactivation), if you have FSX and FS9 on different PCs

3) i tend to reinstall my OS quite often (every 1-2 months) will i encouter any difficulties activation my sceneries ?? what happenes if i decide to upgrade my hardware ?? will i have to contact you guys in order to activate it ??

This is already explained in the FAQ. If you don't need to contact us every time you change hardware. The ONLY time you need to contact us, is when you change hardware for the 6th time AND your last activation was obtained less than 90 days earlier.

what will happen i'll decide to upgrade a hardweare part, and you'd go out of business (god forbids) who will activate my scenery ?

Apart for the fact that we are in business since 1993 (FSDT it's just a brand, you are buying from Virtuali s.a.s., which exists as a commercial scenery developers since FS4 and Ms-Dos) so, I'd say it's quite unlikely we'll go out of business any time now.

However, let's assume this happens, what will happen to you, depend on your activation status. It's important to point out that we don't run the activations server ourselves, we use Esellerate activation servers and those will not go down in case we go ouf of business.

So:

- If we go out of business and you still have activations left, nothing will happen, the product will self-reactivate automatically, getting a new activation from the server.

- If we go out of business and you consumed all your 6 activations, but the last one was obtained more than 90 days earlier, nothing will happen as well, because one old activation will be automatically "forgotten", so you will get a new activation and the program will self-reactivate as well.

- If we go out of business AND you consumed all your 6 activations AND the last one was obtained less than 90 days earlier, you will need to wait until the 90th day arrives, counted from the date you got your previous activation, not from the day you are attempting a new reactivation.

- If we go out of business AND Esellerate/Digital River will ALSO go out of business, this would be the only case of not being able to use the product anymore.

- If Esellerate/Digital River will go out of business, but we didn't, we'll just switch to another activation company, you might just have to update the software, and that's it.

I think to have covered all the "out of business" scenarios so, I'd say that it's highly unlikely that you won't be able to use the product anymore. And, should we really go out of business, we'll probably either release the products as freeware OR (more likely) sell their rights to another FS publisher, which will of course handle support.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:27:31 pm by virtuali »

ypaul

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:25 pm »
Ok. thanks for the quick respondes.

Already made the purchase.

I have a tiny problem but i'll report it in the appropriate forum.

bradl

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:53 pm »

Umberto,

I'm going to piggyback off of Paul's thread instead of starting a new one as the subject is the same.

Today is the last day to purchase scenery at the sale prices. But is there a certain time that the sceneries go off sale? Or would it be safe to say that it would be at midnight in the buyer's time zone? I ask because because I'll be making a purchase tonight (after 5pm PDT, GMT-7), but if the servers receiving the payment, or how you have it set up, is after midnight in that timezone, would the sale price still be valid?

I just don't want to miss this, and I'm not going to be near my FS machine for another 6 - 7 hours.

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:00 pm »
I'm not entirely sure about the exact time zone, but I guess it's the time zones of the Esellerate servers, that are located on Lincoln, NE so it's CDT, 1 hour ahead of you.

bradl

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:17:11 am »
I'm not entirely sure about the exact time zone, but I guess it's the time zones of the Esellerate servers, that are located on Lincoln, NE so it's CDT, 1 hour ahead of you.

Lincoln? Bloody hell!   :D

Half hour from where I was born/raised! Great place, except on Saturdays (College football is a religion in Nebraska; consider yourself warned!  ;D )

Cool. They're 2 hours ahead, so that leaves me until 10pm tonight. thanks!

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 12:41:04 am »
Half hour from where I was born/raised! Great place, except on Saturdays (College football is a religion in Nebraska; consider yourself warned!

Isn't the internet age great ?

We are in Italy, yet you can buy our products from a supplier that is close to your hometown and, although we do business with them, I personally never been in Nebraska which, seen from here, really looks like a far far away place...

bradl

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 12:55:39 am »

We are in Italy, yet you can buy our products from a supplier that is close to your hometown and, although we do business with them, I personally never been in Nebraska which, seen from here, really looks like a far far away place...

I'll make it real simple for you.

go outside. Look across the street from your home. Imagine that side of the street and for the next 700km, nothing but corn fields.

You have now seen Nebraska.  :P

Seriously, it's a really nice place until you get to the western side of the state. You'll start to get into the mountain ranges there. Wikipedia or Google for "Chimney Rock" and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: Just because you can, make your next scenery KOMA or KLNK. ;) Or, to make James happy, KOFF.

BL.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:58:13 am by bradl »