Author Topic: Megascenery Earth conflicting with KIAH Photoreal  (Read 3464 times)

mistyblue

Megascenery Earth conflicting with KIAH Photoreal
« on: July 23, 2019, 12:50:58 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have the latest Megascenery Texas photoreal and in the grassy/forest areas surrounding KIAH your photoreal and the Megascenery photoreal seem to be competing.  Tiles from KIAH and MS will alternately pop in and out of the same area.  If I read elsewhere on this forum, this is because the Megascenery photoreal is possibly higher resolution than the KIAH photoreal, is that right?

I tried changing the texture resolution in-sim (currently 7cm) to 60 cm with no luck, then higher at 1m and still no luck.  Do I need to go even higher?  If so, I'll start to lose the quality of the Megascenery photoreal.

Is there something else I can/should be doing?

Thanks as always,
Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Megascenery Earth conflicting with KIAH Photoreal
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 02:59:09 pm »
Be sure KIAH is on a higher layer than the underlying photoreal sceneries.

mistyblue

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 03:04:49 pm »
Thanks.  It is.  In fact KIAH is at the top of the list and grayed out.  Megascenery sits below that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 03:10:09 pm »
Then there's nothing else you can do.

The way the simulator works, if a mesh is of an higher resolution, it will always show up on top of every other mesh, even those on an higher layer in the Scenery Library, under the assumption you would to always want to use the highest resolution data.

However, KIAH doesn't really use a photoreal scenery, in strict sense of the term, since a photoreal scenery cannot have enough resolution for an airport, so it uses normal polygons, so it shouldn't be affected by the normal mesh loading rules.

Instead of changing the texture resolution, try to change the Mesh resolution. Try with 10 or 5 meters / pixel, and not any higher.

mistyblue

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 03:48:53 pm »
Hmm, interesting, thanks.  I guess I may be out luck then.  I did also try changing mesh resolution, originally 10, down to 5 but the same thing occurs. 

I appreciate the help.  If you can think of anything else to try please let me know.  I’ll keep experimenting in the meantime.