Author Topic: Disable crew boarding.  (Read 9377 times)

balu

Re: Disable crew boarding.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 06:51:01 pm »
A Workaround

- you open the MCDU2b.xml on \Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_MCDU2 in a editor
- you search this text: <!-- Enter Load Page Pax -->
- you copy this text
            1 (&gt; L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING, number)
            1 (&gt; L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING, number)
- you safe the file
- et voila
greatings
Stephan

balu

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 06:53:28 pm »
thats only for the aerosoft airbus professional
Sorry

ggerolamo

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 08:01:06 pm »
That's a good beginning  ;D
Thx a lot !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 11:04:48 am »
Does anyone have a reasonable idea how to turn off the crew ?

It was of course already clearly explained in this very topic. It must be done by the airplane developers. Yes, of course, if you know you can write a gauge, you can do it yourself, but a gauge programming tutorial is really out of the scope of this forum.

The reason why this should be controlled by the aircraft code, it's because many 3rd party airplanes already have an internal handling of the number of pilots so, it wouldn't make any sense to add a separate logic in GSX that you would have to control yourself (an annoying extra step, with no way to be sure it would agree with what the airplane is doing), so the proper approach is to let the airplane controlling it.

ggerolamo

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 12:05:24 pm »
I think there's been a little misunderstanding:
I don't want to influence the number of pilots and/or crew !
I (and many others) find it disturbing at all that additional pilots get on board...
I am already sitting in the plane !
Please just give us a possibility to prevent the pilots from boarding!

I think even, in the normal case pilots should not get into the cockpit - but only on express wish.
I don't really see any sense behind it, if additional pilots want to crawl into my cockpit.

greetings
ggerolamo

Beat578

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 07:47:51 am »
As said by Umberto: Both things are possible.
You can say how many crew you have
AND
you can say if they stay on bord or bord at all.
But as said as well: At the moment only a developper can add that to the airplane. Hopefully at some time it will be possible to store those values inside the aircraft file of GSX as well, for all the planes where the dev's don't add the code, but until then, you have to live with the fact that they board.
Beat578

Eisbahn

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 11:06:20 am »
As said by Umberto: Both things are possible.
You can say how many crew you have
AND
you can say if they stay on bord or bord at all.
But as said as well: At the moment only a developper can add that to the airplane. Hopefully at some time it will be possible to store those values inside the aircraft file of GSX as well, for all the planes where the dev's don't add the code, but until then, you have to live with the fact that they board.

Once again you are stretching the truth. As Umberto said in his reply earlier (No. 18):

"Yes, of course, if you know you can write a gauge, you can do it yourself, but a gauge programming tutorial is really out of the scope of this forum."

To prove my point here is a sample of xml code to set the number of crew and passengers:

<Element>
   <Select>
     <Value> (L:Crew)</Value
   <Case Value="1">
   </Case>
   </Select>
</Element>

<Mouse>
   <Area Height="70" Width="70" Top="0" Left="0">
      <Click> 116 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS)
             2 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMPILOTS)
                  3 (>L:FSDT_GSX_NUMCREW)
        1 (>L:CREW)</Click>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
   </Area>
</Mouse>

This is only an excerpt. You will have to find out yourself how to use it.

Eisbahn
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:25:19 am by Eisbahn »

fabristunt

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 02:00:11 am »
Hi there, I just bought GSX Level 2 on Simmarket and the crew boarding is still there. Has this feature not been introduced yet or do I have to do something special to remove the crew? I cannot find any info, so I presume it has not been added yet, even thou there are posts from 2018 where it's said to come in an update.

Looking forward to it.

Regards

Beat578

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 01:33:08 pm »
At the Moment, I only know of the FSLabs Airbus that has implented the Crew boarding (or not) feature. Mathis Kok at Aerosoft stated in another topig, that more GSX features are not in their scope at the moment (I guess they are very busy finishing the A330 though) so the aerosoft Airbus has it not yet. I don't know about Majestic or Maddog, I don't own these. But there is no way to do it for yourself on planes that do not support it natively. (at least not if your not used in Gauge programming).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:29:05 pm by Beat578 »
Beat578

alpha117

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 04:47:13 pm »
At the Moment, Only the FSLabs Airbus has implented the Crew boarding (or not) feature.

Incorrect statement, then you say you don't own other aircraft, therefore how can you make this statement....unbelievable

Beat578

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
At the Moment, Only the FSLabs Airbus has implented the Crew boarding (or not) feature.
Incorrect statement, then you say you don't own other aircraft, therefore how can you make this statement....unbelievable
I staded quite clearly that I don't know about the other because I don't know them. But anyway, i edited my post again to make it clear to everyone what I meant. Feel free to add the planes that you know and that work to the list instead of ranting on people trying to help. That would be more valuable to the topic.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:31:04 pm by Beat578 »
Beat578