Author Topic: Disable crew boarding.  (Read 9500 times)

airnz515

Disable crew boarding.
« on: July 21, 2019, 03:18:00 am »
Hi,

Is it possible to get the option to disable crew boarding in a future update? Doing many short sectors, it is often unrealistic that the crew disembark and board again after every sector. It also consumes so much time when a turn around is <30 minutes.

Thanks.

Eisbahn

Re: Disable crew boarding.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 11:03:50 am »
Hi,

Is it possible to get the option to disable crew boarding in a future update? Doing many short sectors, it is often unrealistic that the crew disembark and board again after every sector. It also consumes so much time when a turn around is <30 minutes.

Thanks.

Have you tried reading the manual (Page 65). It is now possible in GSX 2.

Eisbahn

thomasfa

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:39 pm »
Very useful answer! But where can I find the file?
Manual page 65 is useful to developers (Pg. 64). Most of us are not developers.
I also want to disable boarding and deboarding pilot and crew because it does not fit with FS2Crew. The pilots (ie me) are already sitting in the cockpit when i start boarding after T+18 (FS2Crew and Airbus A320/321)

Thomas
Best regards - Beste Gruesse
Thomas Faller

Eisbahn

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:08:50 pm »
I also want to disable boarding and deboarding pilot and crew because it does not fit with FS2Crew. The pilots (ie me) are already sitting in the cockpit when i start boarding after T+18 (FS2Crew and Airbus A320/321)

Thomas

You must write your own file. Judging by your arrogant reply it is probably far too complicated for you to understand.

Eisbahn

DMdoc

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 08:47:02 pm »
Eisbahn: Instead of your reply that it's over someone's head, it would have been much more helpful to hyperlink to an example of what such an XML file looks like, so intermediate users such as myself could use that as a template to create our file the way we want.

Eisbahn

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 10:59:13 am »
Eisbahn: Instead of your reply that it's over someone's head, it would have been much more helpful to hyperlink to an example of what such an XML file looks like, so intermediate users such as myself could use that as a template to create our file the way we want.

Google is your friend and I am not your researcher!

Eisbahn

F737NG

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 12:06:40 pm »

Thomas

You must write your own file. Judging by your arrogant reply it is probably far too complicated for you to understand.

Eisbahn

Oh good, another 'god' of flight sim. 'I know how to do something, but I won't tell you how to do it'.

Why not help your fellow simmer by linking an example file?
Google does not readily show any possible .xml to copy from to create a file that disables crew boarding per the instructions on p.65 of the manual.

Tbh, since this has been a long-standing request, can you provide us with the necessary file or the location of an appropriate .xml to copy from please, Umberto?

Thanks.

bjratchf

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 04:46:21 pm »
Do we just create an xml file and drop it into the aircraft folder? Not quite sure how we disable crew boarding.

airnz515

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 10:30:11 am »
Hi,

Thanks.

Have you tried reading the manual (Page 65). It is now possible in GSX 2.

Eisbahn

Yes I have, thank you very much, it's very vague. Your arrogance on the other hand...

ggerolamo

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 11:52:18 am »
Arrogance is always a sign of awkwardness !
Pretty sure this man himself has no idea how to do it ...  ;)

Nevertheless, I would like to know for myself how to deactivate the crew !
Maybe someone has a tip ?
(Please no answer from you, Eisbahn)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 11:59:41 am by ggerolamo »

Beat578

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »
It is not possible at the moment. Only developers can do it if they include the code into their product.
Umberto told that possibly it will be implemented to add the feature yourself for other aircraft as well, but at the moment you can not do that if you don't have a program to change the variables. 
Beat578

ggerolamo

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 12:56:16 pm »
Okay, too bad you can't change that yourself!
I really don't need any additional pilots if I'm already in the plane ;-)
nevertheless many thanks for the info !!

Eisbahn

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 01:46:46 pm »
It is not possible at the moment. Only developers can do it if they include the code into their product.
Umberto told that possibly it will be implemented to add the feature yourself for other aircraft as well, but at the moment you can not do that if you don't have a program to change the variables.  

This is not entirely correct. You do not have to be a developer. Anyone can do it themselves if they have a basic knowledge of xml code. You also do not need any special program to write the code.
Notepad is quiet sufficient. I was prepared to share my own code using the GSX L vars until I started being insulted by members on this forum.
Anyone interested in attempting xml code, I suggest they visit the following sites: www.fs2x.com/tutorials.htm, Avsim.net (Textinfo Gauge 4.0 and XML Tutorial).
The FS Developer site also has hundreds of examples to help getting started.
This is my final word on the subject and await further abuse from non-believers.

Eisbahn
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:09:52 pm by Eisbahn »

airnz515

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 10:03:05 am »

I was prepared to share my own code using the GSX L vars until I started being insulted by members on this forum.

Don't lie. From the very onset you were being extremely arrogant and obviously had no intention of helping anybody out. No use trying the "good guy" act now.

ggerolamo

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 10:46:52 am »
He's not arrogant, but obviously frustrated and incompetent.
please let us all just ignore this unnecessary guy and his meaningless comments...

Now to the actual topic:
Does anyone have a reasonable idea how to turn off the crew ?