Author Topic: Request  (Read 4683 times)

torsten

Request
« on: July 19, 2019, 07:22:48 pm »
is it possible to have a line, where the Nose Wheel is going during the Pushback, when i set up a custom pushback?
Like in the attached Picture

So the setup process could not longer be a Test & Triel process like it is now.
Sometimes the PB makes too sharp turns and with that line it would be much more easy to find the right position of the turning Node
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:26:10 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Request
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 09:57:08 pm »
We confirmed multiple times this will be added in a future update but, as already discussed in so many other threads which asked about this, it should be made properly, because the ACTUAL curve would be different for each airplane and for each different truck so, nothing would ensure the curve pushback while using the pushback would be the same of the one edited so, we would probably have to run a simulation, asking which pushback vehicle to use for it.

Otherwise, I'm *sure* someone will complain "why the tow trick doesn't follow precisely the curve I made, as it was shown in the editor ? It must be a bug!"

torsten

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:58:13 pm »
Then do it like the green line in the pic.
So we can see a "range" where the Nose wheel is going and that is then for every plane.

Or another idea ( i think the best) is to do it like this:

1. User select "prepare for PB"
2. GSX swhitches to a PB Prepare mode
3. user is moving a gsx created "Silhouette" of the Plane ( so it makes no difference what plane it is and GSX can check what plane it is bevore creating the Silhouette and make them so big as the plane is.
4. the user moves the Silhouette with the Num Pad keys ( 8,4,6, 2 for the directions, 1,3 for turning and 5 for making a curve point ) -> these points are saved as a list (lat, lon, hdg in gsx
5. after the user press "y" to leave the Prepare Mode, the PB Path is ready

So you have no longer problems with Walls, long PB Path's and other existing problems
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:19:22 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »
As I've said, so many times, GSX pushback doesn't support full paths with several waypoints so, it's useless discussing now of a user interface that we'll obviously do properly WHEN it will support fully custom paths.

The current UI is made taking into account how the GSX Pushback *always* worked, with 3 points:

1) the parking you start from

2) the node in the middle

3) the final position and heading

Before the latest updates, GSX choose the 2nd and 3rd point automatically by searching the AFCAD, and you could customize only the last node, but it had to be on the AFCAD as well.

Now, in "Free Mode", you can customize both the 2nd and the 3rd point, and they can be freely placed, so you are no longer constrained by the AFCAD

So, the UI we have, it's made to conform to the way the GSX Pushback works. Of course, when we'll change that, the UI would have to change as well.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 11:54:25 pm »
but i hope you take my proposel for the next update, because the actual pb (also the free) is too limited

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 11:53:14 am »
but i hope you take my proposel for the next update, because the actual pb (also the free) is too limited

I believe Cartanya in his recent video just proved the pushback you thought to be "impossible" with GSX, the famous A4 at TCNM, can be done, even with an "S" curve. So no, it's not "limited", when you understand how it works.

Video, aptly named "THE MARVELS OF GSX LEVEL 2, VERSION 2.6 PUSHBACKS"

torsten

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 12:38:46 pm »
Yes I know, because I talked with him.
But if you are Honestly, you see that it is not going on the yellow line and also I don't know how much test und tries he need for this one pushback to set up.

Just be open to make it easier to set up

torsten

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 12:17:28 am »
because it seams you running out of Arguments (again) i just have another to say about the limitation of GSX.

As example in EDDP Gates 461-478 on Apron 4 you have a Orange, Blue and Yellow Taxiline.
Aircrafts like B757 can use Orange/Blue Lines but Bigger, like the A300-600 have to use the middle taxi line.

Now, i can set up ONLY 2 Taxi Directions ( called left/right in GSX ) but here i have to set up 3 ones because
it i related to the Stand and not to the Arcraft ( which is ok ) but with my Proposel from the last post
you can set up the PB in the Pre Setup for your actual Airplane, which one it ever is.

( but i am sure you have anything to say also against this )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
But if you are Honestly, you see that it is not going on the yellow line and also I don't know how much test und tries he need for this one pushback to set up.

It follows the yellow line quite reasonably.

As explained so many times, the *actual* path will change depending on the airplane used and the pushback used, because the curve will have to take into account the mechanics of the whole system, which is made by the airplane wheelbase length + the pushback towbar (if there is one) + the tow truck wheelbase length AND even the maximum excursion allowed to rotate the front gear by the tow bar or the towbarless system.

ALL of these will affect the final curve, so you will never see exactly the same curve being performed each time, as lone at least one of these parameters is not the same.

because it seams you running out of Arguments (again) i just have another to say about the limitation of GSX.

You ran of of arguments again, because you have been proved wrong over and over. The famous "impossible" S pushback at TCNM can be done quite well with just 2 custom points, and that's a fact.

Now, i can set up ONLY 2 Taxi Directions ( called left/right in GSX ) but here i have to set up 3 ones because it i related to the Stand and not to the Arcraft ( which is ok ) but with my Proposel from the last post you can set up the PB in the Pre Setup for your actual Airplane, which one it ever is.

Now that you have been proven wrong by the supposedly "impossible" S pushback at TCNM, which was your pet-peeve, you are now adding an entirely new issue, which is a pushback depending on the airplane kind.

That's obviously a possible feature to add but, of course, it doesn't have anything to do with your suggestion, which seems to ask over and over the same nonsensical "Better pushback" usage patter of constantly asking and re-asking for pushback EVERY TIME.

As I've said, so many times already, this is just wrong, annoying, time consuming and not realistic. A Pushback should be configured only ONCE in your life so, even if there are several procedures which could be aircraft-dependent, it would be wrong to mimic the X-plane plugin just because of that.

The proper solution would be, of course, tagging the procedure by aircraft type, and automatically save the airplane type used, if requested.

torsten

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 07:12:44 pm »
as i wrote again and again...i dont know how much tries he had before the pb line was nearly correct as it was in the video.
It is soo uncomfortable to set up ...

Missing features are also not includet, which are discussed soo many times

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 11:46:24 am »
as i wrote again and again...i dont know how much tries he had before the pb line was nearly correct as it was in the video.

You can wrote it as many times as you want, but the fact is he HAS managed to do it, which of course is confirmed by the mathematics behind the pushback, which tells us you can fit A LOT of spline curves with just 3 points.

It is soo uncomfortable to set up ...

Next update will make it much easier, but still with 3 points.

Missing features are also not includet, which are discussed soo many times

That's precisely my point: nowhere we ever said this would be the "final" pushback, because it IS going to be rewamped quite extensively in the future. But the undeniable fact is that now, there are very few pushback you cannot replicate.