Author Topic: Support Request - GSX and All Scenery in Trial Mode  (Read 9820 times)

maxhades

Re: Support Request - GSX and All Scenery in Trial Mode
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 02:12:56 pm »
Sice today BACK in trial mode!!! This foult is for sure yours not ours. Whatever is the culprit here...sucks! >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 02:19:39 pm »
With the limited amount of details you gave, it's obviously impossible to help you. You said GSX and all sceneries are in Trial mode. What do you mean with this ?

- Are they now listed "IN Trial" in the Addon Manager, and they work for 5 minutes at once, and with GSX showing the Trial airports menu ? THIS is "Trial Mode"

OR

- Are they just disappeared ? This is not "Trial mode", this is software not loaded, usually because of antivirus now deciding to block something, which sometimes happens just because we updated something, and some antivirus freak out when they see a new file that don't know exactly how to do with it, ignoring the fact they are all proper digitally signed to prevent this

So, it would help if you made an accurate report, because (as usual) every problem has an explanation, and also a solution.

maxhades

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2019, 03:23:01 pm »
right. GSX shows Trial Airports. Today in midflight a few messages showing some of the airports now in Trialmode...very very strange.

Max

maxhades

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 03:25:45 pm »
All my adddons are excluded in antivirus and firewall except gsx.....this is not the first time. and comes from one minute to the other.

GSX and manager/couatl is showing in the menubar.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 03:28:52 pm »
Ok, that's proper Trial mode, indicating everything is fine with the software, which is clearly running correctly. It might have been worse if the software didn't run, something that many users confuse with Trial mode, because they don't see anything. So, firewall or antivirus doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

It seems something must have tricked an hardware change.

We don't try to do any hardware detection on our own, we rely on Esellerate or Soraco (they are both running now, until Esellerate will close at the end of September, so it will be removed from our software too) so, if one of them is telling the hardware changed, we don't have any choice than trust it has.

Now, sometimes updating some drivers, or the bios, might result in an hardware change, because even Esselerate or Soraco don't really try to check the hardware directly. They rely on certain Windows API calls that returns the hardware ID to them. Some users noticed updating the BIOS, or changing some drivers, usually the network drivers, might result like an hardware change.

The question is, of course, are you able to reactivate normally ?

maxhades

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 03:33:41 pm »
no other hardware or driverupdate. nothing!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »
You still haven't replied to my question: are you able to reactivate normally ?

maxhades

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 03:52:48 pm »
what do you mean? with my keys?

maxhades

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 04:24:12 pm »
now i have done a fresh install and activation with my license keys. anyway. gsx is activated but shows via opening the menue 3 airports and trialmode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2019, 06:29:20 pm »
now i have done a fresh install and activation with my license keys. anyway. gsx is activated but shows via opening the menue 3 airports and trialmode.

Is the Addon Manager now reporting GSX as Active ?

LX1842

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 08:30:48 pm »
I seem to be having a similar problem.. been using GSX and other FSDT addons for years without issue, however after Windows update and running FSDT live update, GSX stopped working. Ive tried the following so far:

- P3D not running as admin
- re-run the setup (as admin)

In the addons dropdown i see Addon Manager and Couatl but no GSX, and in Addon Manager GSX shows as 'in trial mode'. When I try to register the serial, nothing at all happens.

I'm out of ideas.. Anything I missed? Any advice?

Fyi, no anti-virus running except Windows, where Addon Manager, P3D and SODE folders are all excluded (done before re-running the setup); UAC is in its lowest possible setting.

LX1842

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 08:36:30 pm »
I should add, after trying to register the serial (with nothing happening at all), Couatl seems to get somehow stuck.. it doesnt start again if i restart P3D, and if i try to re-run the setup without restarting windows coutatl doesnt shut down.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 08:37:11 pm »
In the addons dropdown i see Addon Manager and Couatl but no GSX, and in Addon Manager GSX shows as 'in trial mode'. When I try to register the serial,

Addon Manager and Couatl, but no GSX, seems the software is running, but GSX is not installed. Try to reinstall it with the full installer.

LX1842

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 08:39:49 pm »
thats exactly what I did when I say that I ran the setup

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 08:42:12 pm »
Try to follow the last steps indicated here ( the part about creating a log file )

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

And attach the Couatl.log to a a post, so I can check it.