Author Topic: Support Request - GSX and All Scenery in Trial Mode  (Read 9834 times)

ACA235

Support Request - GSX and All Scenery in Trial Mode
« on: July 19, 2019, 04:18:31 am »
Hello FSDreamTeam,

I own all of your scenery with the exception of Louisville.
I have built a brand new PC and all permissions are fine.

My base install would include the following:

I have the following installed: P3Dv4.5 (full clean install)
Some addon aircraft (entire PMDG fleet, FSLabs A319-A320)
Active Sky for P3Dv4

Of your software, I have installed CYVR with no issue - it never gives me issue at all (shows installed and active in the Addon Manager menu).  Inside of P3D under the Add-ons menu, I see everything I would expect to see from SODE, Addon Manager and GSX.  However this is where things begin to get weird.

I install KCLT, and then Addon Manager runs the live update (as per normal and finishes), I launch the sim.  I load the default scenario and go to the Addon Manager menu and select KCLT and active my serial. I get the activation window, it says activation successful, backups up the registry key and off we go.  I then go to KCLT and visually confirm the scenery is there which it is.  I exit the sim.  Upon restarting the sim, I launch the default scenario and I am asked to activate KCLT because it is installed and not activated.  I select YES.  It backs up the registry key and off we go.  I go in to the Add-ons Menu and then Addon Manager and look at KCLT and it shows installed and active.  I can not break the cycle of asking it me to activate.  On to GSX.......

I install GSX, and then Addon Manager runs the live update (as per normal and finishes), I launch the sim.  I load the default scenario and go to the Addon Manager menu and select GSX and active my serial. I get the activation window, it says activation successful, backups up the registry key and off we go.  All of the windows are there that I would expect (GSX) and when i press the CTRL+12, everything is still in TRIAL mode.  So I exit the sim.  Upon restarting the sim, I launch the default scenario and I am asked to activate KCLT AND GSX because it is installed and not activated.  I select YES.  It backs up the registry key and off we go.  I go in to the Add-ons Menu and then Addon Manager and look at KCLT and it shows installed and active BUT GSX is showing Product Active.  Again, I am unable to break this cycle...

*Before you ask me, my permissions are correct and I am able to install any and all addons with the exception of yours below.
*Before you ask me, YES my antivirus, firewall, windows defender and anything else that would impede my DOWNLOAD are off.
*Before you ask me, DURING install, all of the above are off and yes I have tried to install using the "run as administrator" function and by simple clicking on it.
*I have also created firewall exceptions for coualt, coualt_updater, coualt_update 2 both private and public
*I have uninstalled all the FSDT sceneries (including CYVR), uninstalled my P3D client, reinstalled the client to no avail
*I have downloaded entire new installers and run live update with all firewall and anti virus off- no joy
*I have used the downloaded package for GSx - no joy
*I have tried to have P3D run in Admin mode
*I have tried to have  coualt, coualt_updater, coualt_update 2 all run as admin - no joy
*I have added every possible known folder exception to windows defender, firewall, anti virus that I can for the folder that addon manager in in, along with P3D

AND - I have rebooted countless times!!

Not sure what else to try......

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:22:07 am by ACA235 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Support Request - GSX and All Scenery in Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:15 am »
*Before you ask me, DURING install, all of the above are off and yes I have tried to install using the "run as administrator" function and by simple clicking on it

This doesn't do anything, because the installer will always run with admin rights, regardless if you said so or not.

Instead, your problem is you are running the sim As Administrator, most likely because FS Labs has set it that way. However, since the sim by default runs with your user account, we store the activation keys in the user registry.

So, if you always run the sim As Administrator, run it as a normal user instead, at least once for the activation.

maxhades

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:33:11 pm »
Same here since today. All my scenery included GSX in trialmode. No FS labs

Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 04:07:38 pm »
Same here since today. All my scenery included GSX in trialmode. No FS labs

Do you see the “Addon Manager” and the “GSX” menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator ? If not, try this:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder from scanning.

- Try the Live Update again, or reinstall GSX using its most current installer, to be found under the "Products and Downloads" page of our site.

If that still doesn't work, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

maxhades

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:19:46 pm »
The folder is excluded. Yesterday night everything was fine. Live update doesn't help.
The addonmanager is under the menu, but not the GSX. All other scenerys also in trial mode. Activating via the key doesn't help.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:20:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 04:22:32 pm »
The addonmanager is under the menu, but not the GSX.

This means the antivirus has blocked Couatl but hasn't blocked the Addon Manager. Since we haven't updated Couatl since the release of GSX 2.6 ( 20 days ago ), it's obvious that if it worked yesterday, and it doesn't today, it cannot be anything else than something happened between yesterday and today on your system.

Like a Windows update, or antivirus update.

Try to do a Live Update after a Windows restart.

maxhades

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 04:47:59 pm »
yes there was an windows update today. Very strange. after startup my pc again and FSX an extern program called soceo.....sorry forgot the name? ask me for the licensekey. ??????? Couatl is back now.

Max

maxhades

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 04:51:57 pm »
update

everything is fine now. What ever it was.

Max

ACA235

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 06:07:42 pm »
*Before you ask me, DURING install, all of the above are off and yes I have tried to install using the "run as administrator" function and by simple clicking on it

This doesn't do anything, because the installer will always run with admin rights, regardless if you said so or not.

Instead, your problem is you are running the sim As Administrator, most likely because FS Labs has set it that way. However, since the sim by default runs with your user account, we store the activation keys in the user registry.

So, if you always run the sim As Administrator, run it as a normal user instead, at least once for the activation.

SO back to my original post now - I have tried both and haven't been able to get it to work.

Would it be wise to uninstall the FSLabs Airbus series and then install GSX and see if that works?  I know if I launch P3D not in admin mode with the FSLabs airbus installed, it wants to revert the permission back to admin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 06:46:51 pm »
Would it be wise to uninstall the FSLabs Airbus series and then install GSX and see if that works?

No need to uninstall anything.

You can momentarily disable FS Labs from the Options->Add-ons menu ( which is not the same of the regular "Addons" menu ), exit, revert the P3D Compatibility option to default ( No Admin mode ), and try to activate again.

ACA235

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 07:05:28 pm »
Would it be wise to uninstall the FSLabs Airbus series and then install GSX and see if that works?

No need to uninstall anything.

You can momentarily disable FS Labs from the Options->Add-ons menu ( which is not the same of the regular "Addons" menu ), exit, revert the P3D Compatibility option to default ( No Admin mode ), and try to activate again.

Done - and no luck.

Now the coualt scripting engine is refusing to start.  Not sure why this is proving to be SO difficult to install a program.

ACA235

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:15 pm »
Ya so I have tried literally everything and NO LUCK at all. 

This is beyond ridiculous to me and not sure why this issue presents itself.  I would think that one should not have to go to extreme lengths to install a simple piece of software

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 09:51:53 pm »
This is beyond ridiculous to me and not sure why this issue presents itself.  I would think that one should not have to go to extreme lengths to install a simple piece of software

If your system is messed up beyond ridiculous, you should be thankful for our "simple" piece of software that is letting you notice that. I think it would be easier if we could just setup a remote assistance section, so I can check what's wrong with your system and fix that.

Sent me a PM to arrange that.

ACA235

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 09:59:36 pm »
With all due respect Umberto - my system is FAR from messed up.  In fact it is a brand new build with the latest and greatest of everything out there!!  Rather than take shots at you paying LOYAL customers, consider for a moment that perhaps, just perhaps - there may be a slight issue with your software.  If it we are simple as you say - we would not be having to exclude folders and jump though hoops to get it working - and I am not the only one!  Again, I do LOVE your products and the attention to detail you put in to them.  I am one of the lucky ones that actually gets to make a real world comparison to what you build and what I see out of "office" windows regularly!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:01:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 10:05:19 pm »
With all due respect Umberto - my system is FAR from messed up.

Can't say that until I checked what's really going on.

!!  Rather than take shots at you paying LOYAL customers, consider for a moment that perhaps, just perhaps - there may be a slight issue with your software.

Yes, our software has issues: it doesn't have ENOUGH defenses against problems caused by strange configurations and other conflicting software. And each time we find a new one, we add our new defense. Not possible to do it in any other way that in the hands of real users, with thousands of strange configurations which are impossible to predict.

we would not be having to exclude folders and jump though hoops to get it working - and I am not the only one!

Almost every software for every developer out there requires to Exclude folders. Isn't FS Labs suggesting the same thing ? Of course they do...

Awaiting for your PM.