Author Topic: GSX suddenly in trial mode  (Read 6722 times)

roodey

GSX suddenly in trial mode
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:09:49 pm »
Hello,

After using GSX for years without a problem, it suddenly appeared in Trial mode. I own GSX and GSX level 2. It has always worked perfectly, i didn't install any addons in the last months, nor did i change something to P3D v4.4.
I have tried thusfar to reinstall GSX with Bitdefender completely disabled, did not work. With Bitdefender enabled, all of the flightsim folders are excluded from scanning, .... I checked if the sim was in compatibility mode, which it not is, nor is any of the other program (i use this pc only for flightsimming).

Everytime i open a flight through the scenario maker, it gives a popup that says that GSX in installed but not yet active, and i click yes to register. Then it says the product is registered and a backup is stored. Then the sim loads in. When i then check  in the addon manager, GSX is active, but when i open the GSX menu, it tells me it is in trail and i need to swap to the trial airports. I have tried the above 5 times allready, but no result... The reg-keys are indeed in the correct place, i deleted them and registered them again, but no result.

I use a ton of addons, but i do not think any of them should be interfering. Airports (65 of them), PMDG 737, 747, 777, FSlabs 320 + 319, Active Sky, Rex Sky force, Aivlasoft EFB (on desktop and second pc).

Flying without GSX takes away alot of the experience for me, especially since the FSL busses are very well integrated with GSX. So i am desperately seeking for help.

Regards, Ruud

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX suddenly in trial mode
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:21:28 am »
It seems some kind of permission issue. Try to run the sim As Administrator, at least once. Or, if you use to run the sim As Administrator, try running it as regular user, at least once.

roodey

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 09:39:48 am »
I always run the sim as administrator. I ran the sim as user 5 times to try it out but i have the same result: When the sim starts i get the message that GSX in installed but not active. I press Activate, and i get the Reg-key message. In the Addon manager menu both GSX's show active, but when i press CTRL+ F12, i get the trial message and i can only swap to a trial airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:47:36 am »
I always run the sim as administrator.

As I've said, if you use to run the sim As Administrator, try running it as regular user, at least once.

roodey

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »
I ran it as regular user several times, but the result is the same.

Edit: i see in another topic you say that the FSLabs forces the sim to run as admin. How can i disable that?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:19:39 pm by roodey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 12:41:44 pm »
Edit: i see in another topic you say that the FSLabs forces the sim to run as admin. How can i disable that?

The Properties->Compatibility page of the prepar3d.exe file.

roodey

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 06:28:02 pm »
I disabled the add-on.xml and i started the sim as regular user, but then i get a message that couatl has not started. I disabled the antivirus completely, but no luck.. Can you think of another solution?

Edit: I did a complete reinstall of GSX and the addon-manager. The first time after the install everything loads fine, it asks me to activate, it accepts the keys but remains in trial. The second time i run the sim, couatl is'nt in the menu's, GSX is unregistered and i can't register because of the couatl error message.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:03:22 pm by roodey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 04:03:43 pm »
The second time i run the sim, couatl is'nt in the menu's, GSX is unregistered and i can't register because of the couatl error message.

Please allow a bit of time ( like 10-15 seconds, and possibly more if you have many add-ons loaded ) after the simulator icon has disappeared, before trying to start it again.

Try a after a Windows restart, eventually.

roodey

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 05:28:21 pm »
I did a Windows restart when i started the sim a second time, but did not help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 12:40:27 pm »
I did a Windows restart when i started the sim a second time, but did not help

You don't say if it worked the first time, after a Windows restart. If yes, then the issue is you restarted the sim too quickly.

Or, it's possible some kind of conflict caused by another addon is preventing the software to exit. For example, if the simulator crashes for any reason, it won't be able to send all the started programs the command to quit, which is supposed to be sent when the simulator ends cleanly.

You can verify this by checking if you still see the Couatl.exe running in Task Manager after the simulator has closed. If it doesn't close, it means it hasn't received the command from the sim to quit, usually because the simulator itself crashed for other reasons. Of course, you can Terminate Couatl.exe manually, so it will surely start again on the next run.

roodey

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 10:45:50 pm »
It did not work the first time.  When i close the sim and check task manager after 10 mins, couatl isn't there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 10:48:08 pm »
It did not work the first time.

Do you mean it did not work only the first time, now it's working ?

When i close the sim and check task manager after 10 mins, couatl isn't there.

That's normal, it should close within a few seconds after the sim. If it closes, it will surely restart on the next startup.

roodey

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 07:09:21 pm »
It did not work at all. I did a reinstall of the complete fsdreamteam products, so the addon manager and cuoatl is reinstalled as well, but the problem remains..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 10:07:37 am »
It did not work at all. I did a reinstall of the complete fsdreamteam products, so the addon manager and cuoatl is reinstalled as well, but the problem remains..

Which problem ? The couatl error, or the fact GSX is still in Trial ?

roodey

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 03:21:16 pm »
The fact that GSX remains in trial. I did a reinstall of my complete P3D in the meantime, but i still can't get GSX running..