Author Topic: KIAH groundmarkings disappear  (Read 3829 times)

peter w

KIAH groundmarkings disappear
« on: July 16, 2019, 02:00:28 pm »
hi, i noticed a very strange texture behavior at kiah when i taxi on taxiway NA with Aerosoft Airbus. almost all taxilines and groundmarkings disappear when i taxing through this area with the cockpit view. only when i zoom in the markings appear again. if i continue taxi towards the terminal side, suddenly from a certain point, all markings are normal again even from the standard view. I don't know if other areas at the airport are also affected, i noticed only there.
any idea what causes this?
regards peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH groundmarkings disappear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:59:46 pm »
This is normal, it's an fps optimization, which is only visible at very wide zoom settings.

peter w

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »
ok thanks! what options do i have? if i zoom in, i can't see the instruments anymore

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 04:37:40 pm »
Do you use a very wide screen ? Which resolution you use ?

peter w

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 07:59:46 pm »
I use 1366x768 , 16:9

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 10:48:28 pm »
I use 1366x768 , 16:9

That's a bit low, since LOD switching is also affected by the overall resolution, and we kind of optimized the scenery for a 1080p display. The issue is, those users with low res display are typically those that could benefit more from any fps optimization.

Have you tried zooming in just a little bit ( by pressing Shift +, to go in in smaller zoom increments )  ? Maybe you can find a setting that is high enough to let the markings appear, and still be able to read the instruments.

peter w

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 10:02:19 am »
i didn't notice a performence improvement compared to the area close in front of the terminal for example, where all markings are visible. only if i zoom in to 0.80 markings are visible again on taxiway NA. This is how the cockpit view looks then unfortunately.

regards peter
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:59:56 am by peter w »