Author Topic: [Solved] QW787 pushback issues with GSX  (Read 9643 times)

bhavin115

Re: [Solved] QW787 pushback issues with GSX
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 06:23:55 pm »
Hmmm well I will continue to test but deselecting the raise airplane does not help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 06:26:23 pm »
Hmmm well I will continue to test but deselecting the raise airplane does not help.

Doesn't help to what ? Have you read my previous message ?

- Alarms in the cockpit, ARE surely something generated by the airplane systems, and they surely CAN be fixed by the airplane developer, if they checked if GSX is pushing. But if the developer is unable/unwilling to do so, this can be usually fixed by deselect the option to raise the airplane during pushback in GSX.

- Shaking/bouncing over the terrain, might just be a result of the airplane ground handling reacting to the tow truck steering, and are likely depending on the actual path taken. But not only, the scenery terrain itself can have an effect on this.

bhavin115

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 07:36:57 pm »
Yes I read and hence why I said deselecting raise airplane does not help with QW and you still get alarm for flaps ( which I understand they have to fix) and custom track won’t work with QW either cause it just bounces so end point can’t use it with QW.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 11:04:29 am »
custom track won’t work with QW either cause it just bounces so end point can’t use it with QW.

I can only repeat my previous explanation, please read it carefully:

Nothing in the latest update could possibly change what happens *during* pushback. We only made an easier to use interface for the same procedure, and there's no difference whatsoever, when pushback is performed, if this was a quick pushback or a normal pushback which was previously made with the editor.

This, of course, assuming an IDENTICAL position of the final destination and the corner node in the two modes. If a quick pushback resulted in a different route, then of course a different behavior might be expected, since the airplane might react differently to different steering inputs, but not because the update changed anything, because you simply made a different custom route than you would otherwise get with the "normal" pushback ( assuming with "Normal", you mean the default Left/Right )

bhavin115

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 06:30:45 pm »
Lol that what I said, am not blaming the update am just stating a issue. If I use custom and end up same as normal then what the point of using custom? Again to be clear am not saying there a issue with GSX just pointing to the fact that QW 787 custom track gets all weird which they will have to possibly fix. Lars stated the new updated is locked and can’t add any more so someday in future till then I will use the generic left or right.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 03:20:34 pm »
If I use custom and end up same as normal then what the point of using custom?

Not necessarily. Even if the end position might look the same, the placement of the corner node can change everything to the resulting path, and while the default pushback has its own strategy to calculate the corner node, based on the underlying AFCAD, the custom pushback has a different strategy, which will likely result in a different path.

In the next update, we'll add a feature to display the actual path before doing the pushback, in order to remove any guesswork, and the goal is trying to achieve a smooth path without too steep direction changes.

bhavin115

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 04:04:20 pm »
Got it, will be eagerly awaiting the update. Thanks

FAlonso22

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 11:58:04 pm »
You can partially solve this issue. After you exit the pushback editor by pressing Y (getting the shaking and flaps warning), press Y again (activate slew) and again Y to deactivate. This one eliminates the shaking and flaps issue for me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:05:58 am by FAlonso22 »

bhavin115

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 07:38:54 pm »
Will try, just hate added steps to make it more unrealistic lol