Author Topic: [Solved] QW787 pushback issues with GSX  (Read 9492 times)

Er!k

[Solved] QW787 pushback issues with GSX
« on: July 14, 2019, 09:11:21 am »
Since the new update of GSX I only flew the Aerosoft A320 which is working fine. Today was flying the QW787 from SEQM to MUNN...

GSX is behaving OK until pushing back. I got a continuous aural warning 'too low flaps' until pushback completed. As soon as the pushback truck is disconnected the plane jumps up and down. Only way to overcome this is to press the slew button or to taxi some time...

Any clues what may cause this behaviour?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:24:51 pm by Er!k »

canadagoose

Re: QW787 pushback issues with GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 07:10:59 pm »
I can attest to the the same issue. After the tow unhooks from the aircraft I get a violent shaking, bouncing with the QW 789.

Regards

Er!k

Re: [Solved] QW787 pushback issues with GSX
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:25:54 pm »
I got this issue since I installed a freeware AI.dll which allows AI to use sloped terrain… After a tip I downgraded my FSUIPC installation to v5.15 (28 November 2018) and had no issues since. Maybe this is also a solution for you?

Papacoach

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
Same issue for me with QW787, and I'm not using the referenced dll. The pushback that raises the ac is the only pb this occurs with for me. I will try other combos of ac and pb to see if anything else is affected.

blau99

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 01:15:19 am »
Hi,
I got the same issue with my QW787. It happens not evreytime (but most of the time).

docpadds

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 06:51:13 pm »
Happens here too, very annoying!

bjratchf

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 11:06:55 pm »
This topic shows as "solved"

I'm having the same problem but don't see a solution posted...

lerbech

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:15 pm »
This is also driving me crazy. I cannot find any solution anywhere. The strange thing is that it seem to be random. I can pull pack using Shift+P without any issue, but most of the times I use GSX P3D give me the "Too low flaps" aural. This happens as soon as the pushback begins. Then the bouncing of the plane, but after a few meters of tai it stops and everything is normal. FSDT please come with an update to fix this issue.

And it seems not to be solved as indicated in the subjet line.

Jan
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:07:30 pm by lerbech »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »
This is also driving me crazy. I cannot find any solution anywhere.

The release notes of the last update ( August 6th ) ?

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

NEW: Pushback raising the airplane can be configured in the Airplane configuration window, to turn off the feature in airplanes with custom ground handling.

lerbech

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 09:09:32 am »
Thanks Umberto. Second line and I didn't see it! I'll try the configuration.

This is also driving me crazy. I cannot find any solution anywhere.

The release notes of the last update ( August 6th ) ?

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

NEW: Pushback raising the airplane can be configured in the Airplane configuration window, to turn off the feature in airplanes with custom ground handling.

docpadds

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 04:38:43 pm »
I just want the support folks to know, this works great and is very much appreciated that you guys solved this one!!

bhavin115

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 01:34:52 am »
I can confirm with the latest GSX update over the weekend the shaking is back if you do the custom track (works fine using the normal method so not sure what is causing the quick track to act up). PMDG worked fine but 787 is bouncing alot.  i have disabled raise during pushback and still getting bouncing and have the latest version of Fsuipc.

Originally posted by Captain45 Captain45 wrote:

As Umberto Colapicchioni (fsdreamteam - GSX) stated:

"The main issue is, the airplane doesn't expect to be pitched up so, its systems are probably assuming it's "flying", but it's not. It could be fixed by the airplane developers, if they checked the FSDT_VAR_Frozen var, which is documented in the manual, so they would know precisely the moment GSX takes control of the pushback, and turn off whatever system they need (only them can possibly know which systems could be affected) to prevent any strange effects while being pushed."

So here is something QW should solve so GSX can raise the nose before pushback. Untill then, simply uncheck the box as stated above.

As per QW Larss regarding the bouncing of 787 during pushback:
No logic in our plane would create such a bouncing. The plane is put into a position the contact points are not designed for. Since the update scope for our next update is frozen already, it's  unlikely that we'll be able to provide a fix for this in the next update.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:50:18 am by bhavin115 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 01:53:43 pm »
I can confirm with the latest GSX update over the weekend the shaking is back if you do the custom track (works fine using the normal method so not sure what is causing the quick track to act up). PMDG worked fine but 787 is bouncing alot.  i have disabled raise during pushback and still getting bouncing and have the latest version of Fsuipc.

Nothing in the latest update could possibly change what happens *during* pushback. We only made an easier to use interface for the same procedure, and there's no difference whatsoever, when pushback is performed, if this was a quick pushback or a normal pushback which was previously made with the editor.

This, of course, assuming an IDENTICAL position of the final destination and the corner node in the two modes. If a quick pushback resulted in a different route, then of course a different behavior might be expected, since the airplane might react differently to different steering inputs, but not because the update changed anything, because you simply made a different custom route than you would otherwise get with the "normal" pushback ( assuming with "Normal", you mean the default Left/Right )

bhavin115

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 02:19:17 pm »
So based on your comment it would seem QW 787 custom track won’t really work till they fix the issue you mentioned above correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:44 pm »
So based on your comment it would seem QW 787 custom track won’t really work till they fix the issue you mentioned above correct?

SOME custom routes might result in some airplanes reacting differently, depending on their ground handling. Now you have an easier way to access the increased freedom of a route creation, you can run more easily into discovering differences in ground handling between different airplane models.

Again, GSX can offer airplane developers several ways to overcome this, but they must implement some kind of interface with GSX. For example, and airplane can communicate to GSX its own maximum steering angle, but as far as I know, only the FS Labs Airbus supports this, because they came up with that idea.

In addition to that, I think there are two different issues at play here:

- Alarms in the cockpit, ARE surely something generated by the airplane systems, and they surely CAN be fixed by the airplane developer, if they checked if GSX is pushing. But if the developer is unable/unwilling to do so, they can be usually fixed by deselect the option to raise the airplane during pushback in GSX.

- Shaking/bouncing over the terrain, might just be a result of the airplane ground handling reacting to the tow truck steering, and are likely depending on the actual path taken. But not only, the scenery terrain itself can have an effect on this.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:18:38 pm by virtuali »