Author Topic: Changing CYVR settings  (Read 3766 times)

BBCM

Changing CYVR settings
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:06:04 pm »
I just purchased CYVR for P3Dv4. I selected the 2048x2048 textures all the way through. The airport looks fantastic, but is a bit hard on my old system. So I'm wondering what's the best way to re-install choosing the 1024x1024 textures, without using up any of my 6 activations.

At a guess, I assume I would need to de-activate through the Addon Manager first, then uninstall using Windows Uninstall a Probram, then re-install, selecting the new textures I want. I have backed up my Reg key.

Or do I just need to re-run the CYVR set up app, and overwrite the existing textures?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, nut I didn'I see anything.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changing CYVR settings
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:53:49 pm »
I just purchased CYVR for P3Dv4. I selected the 2048x2048 textures all the way through. The airport looks fantastic, but is a bit hard on my old system. So I'm wondering what's the best way to re-install choosing the 1024x1024 textures, without using up any of my 6 activations.

Reinstalling on the same system, even if you remove the whole simulator AND the scenery, doesn't count as an activation so, this can be done an unlimited number of times. The only time an activation might be required, is when reformatting Windows or after changing major hardware components, like the mainboard/cpu.