Author Topic: Blank panel.  (Read 28154 times)

SUBS17

Re: Blank panel.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:11 pm »
The above shots are a Mig29C cockpit where I was testing a split throttle in Lockon, the F-15C was while I was flying formations in MP with one of the Formation team tryouts using lockon also. F4AF is Falcon 4 Allied Forces which is an F-16 sim that features the complex avionics combined with a dynamic campaign. OF is open falcon which is a mod of Falcon 4 which is the most complex sim ever made of the F-16, its more complex than F4AF although they are both based on the F4 code.

I also fly with a virtual squadron and heres some shots of us refuelling in F4AF.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 04:29:00 am »
ahh, i see, thanks for the info, gonna look for this to buy, i never found any modern fighter simulators after f-22 lightning 3 lol

SUBS17

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:38 pm »
At the moment there are Lockon, Lockon Flaming Cliffs and F4AF that you can buy in shops. Falcon 4 is needed for OF and that can be found on ebay same with Janes F/A-18 which you can get a mod called TSH that improves it a bit. In development are DCS Black Shark, FighterOps and Jet Thunder plus rumours that LP (who made F4AF) might be doing a new sim as well.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 10:57:06 pm »
hey subs, wtf is wrong with your games? lol
lock on freezes my pc on the second mission and i cant even open f4af, i can hear the initial sounds like that annoying music, but the screen is blank...  :P

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 11:01:04 am »
omg subs i thought OF was a mod for F4AF and not for falcon 4.0 lol now im gonna have to find this old one too

yoga

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 07:53:57 am »
Hi There to all people,

Regarding about my title "blank panel", I really have another blank. After a long time I'm not playing FSX with all add-on(I uninstall everything), not a long ago I installed them back. I'm very shock that after Acceleration installed I have BLANK SCREEN. I think there is a problem here.... ??? Anyone can help me...

Thanks

rickb1293

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 04:52:03 pm »
I had the same result with the F/A-18 and the Westlannd EH-101 - no gauges. Microsoft at support.microsoft.com/games was no help. Reloading the game and OS had no effect.

I finally did a search on simconnect.dll and found two instamces of the file in the WINDOWS\WINSXS\X86 MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR.SIMCONNECT_... FOLDERS.  I backed up the directories then deleted the oldest instance of simconnect.dll and restarted FSX.

This apparently solved the problem because I have gauges in both aicraft now.

I have asked Microsoft to validate this fix and they are in the process of replicating the problem and promulgating a fix. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Incidentally, FSX reinstalled a new simconnect.dll in the directory folder where I deleted it. The simconnect.dll files have different dates and sizes that correspond with the latest program starts. There is no documentation of their function so I can't say why this worked.

God luck. . .

Rick Bertz

Norwegian

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 10:03:57 pm »
Hi There to all people,

Regarding about my title "blank panel", I really have another blank. After a long time I'm not playing FSX with all add-on(I uninstall everything), not a long ago I installed them back. I'm very shock that after Acceleration installed I have BLANK SCREEN. I think there is a problem here.... ??? Anyone can help me...

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem before, but I solved it by doing this:

Uninstall EVERYTHING that revolves around fsx (fsx, addon, sp1/2, and so on)
Use this ''guide'' to re-install.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/postp191281.html

Then: Before you install fsx again, go to the folder C:\windows\winSxS\   and delete the files called
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect................
I believe these files are causing the problem with simconnet.
When everything are uninstalled, defrag your system.
You are now ready to install fsx again.
And remember to remove old files which may be left after an uninstalation, that you can find here:
http://www.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/SupportAlertFilesRemovedonFSXUninstall.aspx

Penzoil3

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 09:10:01 pm »
Does anyone have a fix for this problem yet? I am experiencing the same thing. I did a complete uninstall then reinstall still same problem.

camat

YES!! A problem with Simmconnect. Been there, done that , to get my Track IR working after installing Acceleration. went into Windows\winsxs and copied all the Simmconnect files into a backup folder. Then did the Acceleration repair thing. Had panels, but no Track IR again. Copied the missing file out of the backup folder, to winsxs again, Voila! everything works !
                         LOL ;-)
                               Sue

SUBS17

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 11:53:05 pm »
omg subs i thought OF was a mod for F4AF and not for falcon 4.0 lol now im gonna have to find this old one too

Yeah the original F4 might be a bit hard to find try ebay thats where I found my copy, OF has a Hornet 3d pit but nowhere as good as accelerations. When and if you should get the old F4 then go here:
http://globalfalcon.org/vb/forums/index.php
and you'll find Open Falcon 4.5 and all answers etc. BTW I suggest using F4AF first as OF is twice as complex as AF you'll need to read the DASH34 and also I suggest the MLU tapes 1 and 2. Have fun reading and be glad theres no IFF yet otherwise even more books to read. ;D

drummingsim

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 07:14:11 pm »
i have the solution!
buy the original fsx and acceleration  ;D

I have both origionals and it stillo doesn't work. There must be a fix for this??  ???