Author Topic: Problem with doors in GSX2  (Read 2073 times)

ducaud

Problem with doors in GSX2
« on: July 05, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »
I am flying Prosim737 model 2019.
I have configured the doors using the 3d function but still get the message "Waiting for your action : open Exit1"
I do not have "Exit 1" in the Customize aircraft visual menu.
I assumed is Pax 1, however it does not work. I am able to open all of the doors and they show correctly opened in my Overhead display, I ca see them open in the aircraft, but it still popping the message every few seconds
I hav trued all of the options:
Door without open/close checks
Doors with custom open/close checks
Door with open/close checks as FSX Door#1
But is does not work.
I have the passenger stair located at the right location, but it still pops the message, and no passengers deplane.
What is wrong
Thanks

Juan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with doors in GSX2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:27:56 pm »
If you see a message waiting for a door that doesn't exists, it's because you haven't configured the airplane correctly. Every door must be configured correctly, especially the variable that controls its status. Please read the GSX manual at Pages 51-52, which explains this in detail.

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:14:56 am »
Please read the GSX manual at Pages 51-52, which explains this in detail.
I too am using the Prosim737 flight model and have followed the door customisation as explained on pages 51 and 52 of the GSX Manual 2.6.0, and like Juan tried every option without any success. I keep getting "waiting...Aft Passenger".

What else is their to do?
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:36:10 pm »
I too have a full cockpit using Prosim 737. Like everyone else, I have the problem of the doors getting out of sync with the new PBR version of the aircraft model, and GSX2. That 'waiting for x door to close' sign is a pain.

I have spent literally days trying to get them to talk together. From what I can work out, Prosim's TAB+1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is operating (toggling) the all the 737 model's doors but occasionally does not transfer the equivalent of a SHIFT+E, 2, 3 etc to P3D. Sometimes, you have to do a Shift+E on top of a TAB+1, Sometimes this does not work either. Particularly bad if you save a Scenario with any doors open, or relocate to another airport with any doors open. GTX sees one thing, Prosim sees another status. 

I think it is something we need to wait for Prosim to fix. I'm sure it is not a GSX issue. Prosim is the only model I have this issue with.
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 11:42:22 pm »
GSX only reads the standard simulator variables for the doors or, if the airplane use custom L: variables, it sends to the sim the XML expression that has been set in the custom XML field so, whenever GSX doesn't seem to get the correct data (assuming the GSX configuration for that airplane is correct), it's always because that variable hasn't been set.

It's important to remember that, at no time GSX ever tries to modify these variables, to be sure it will never cause any conflicts with any custom code the aircraft might have. It's only reading them.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:55 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Umberto. Very clear.
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6