Author Topic: FS9 KDFW Ground Texture Problem  (Read 5732 times)

gavi30

FS9 KDFW Ground Texture Problem
« on: January 12, 2022, 01:25:16 am »
Good evening,

I have had a problem with the ground textures at KDFW for years since I ever bought this for FS9 and still haven't been able to get a straight answer. The ground textures at one end of the airport go blurry. I played around with elevation in afcads (both the stock airport afcad and the FSDT one). I have the latest install with the ALT.bgl, I don't have any other duplicate afcads of KDFW, I have all display and mesh settings and mipmapping and global textures all at their highest setting. I am now on a brand new pc but also had the same problem on my old pc so its nothing to do with my pc setups.

I have read through other posts but can't seem to pin it down. I have attached a screenshot. At the point where this happens in the scenery, from another angle, it is also misaligned, maybe this has something to do with it?

I also have similar problems with KLAX and KLAS, it only seems to happen with FSDT addons that I have?

Kind regards
Gavin Moss

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 KDFW Ground Texture Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:42:41 pm »
I tried to match as close as possible your location and, as you can see from the attached screenshot, the problem doesn't happen here. This is with a FRESH FS9.1 installation, with no other add-ons.

Comparing the coordinates from your screenshot and mine, while Lat/Lone are identical, the ground altitude in yours is about 4 ft higher. This can be caused both by the different airplane used ( I used the stock 737-400 ), but can also possibly caused by a 3rd party scenery which set a different altitude, which can be either a AFCAD-style .BGL, but also any other .BGL, like a Mesh scenery, which might not be easy to find.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:44:14 pm by virtuali »

gavi30

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 08:33:18 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did some more testing and if I load up the scenery with the default aircraft, there is no problem. But if I load an addon aircraft, then go to the scenery, the problem occurs.

Like you said, seems to be a problem with addon aircraft. So, should I change the contact points on my addon aircraft to lower the aircraft or change the static cg height of each aircraft? What do you think might help?

Kind regards
Gavin Moss

gavi30

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 08:49:04 pm »
Hi,

Forgot to say that if I loaded up default aircraft, went to the scenery with default aircraft and then loaded an addon aircraft, it was also fine, no problems either. Only happens with loading up addon aircraft before going to and loading the airport. Strange lol

Kind regards
Gavin Moss

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 08:36:46 am »
Forgot to say that if I loaded up default aircraft, went to the scenery with default aircraft and then loaded an addon aircraft, it was also fine, no problems either. Only happens with loading up addon aircraft before going to and loading the airport. Strange lol

It's very strange indeed. I can't see how the airplane could possibly affect the scenery visually. A problem with contact points, for example, should only result in the plane either "floating" or be "buried", but the scenery should always look the same.

gavi30

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:27 pm »
Hi

Thanks for reply.

Yeah it is strange, it's got me stumped.

I did a flight KDFW-EDDF-KDFW return with aircraft change at EDDF and when I landed back at KDFW the scenery was also fine.

So I guess if I want to use KDFW load it up with default aircraft first to make sure its fine I guess.

Kind regards
Gavin Moss