Author Topic: Unable to register serial  (Read 48504 times)

TheRedBadger

Unable to register serial
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »
Just some background info, I did have ORD previously installed.

I ran the installer and observed the scenery was in the scenery.cfg file (not inside the addon scenery folder though but I think that’s ok with FSDT; it does have its own folder in the main directory). Started FS9, loaded DFW and the scenery appears in “trial mode”. When going to the addon tab on top, I found FSDT/DFW and clicked register serial, and pasted the serial in my receipt (long alphanumerical with dashes every 5 Keys). After this nothing happened, and the scenery would revert to just jetways. Restarting the sim would do nothing. Running the installer multiple times only seemed to make things worse and somehow messed with my main modules folder and now I have to run as admin, else FS9 will not be able to find the modules and say they are “missing or damaged”.

I did something on one attempt and the sim actually asked if I “had the serial to register”, and I saw a different dialog pop up, to where I put the code, but made no difference with registering the addon.
Help appreciated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to register serial
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:25:06 pm »
Please be sure you don't have any firewall or antivirus when installing.

Be sure you configure the whole FS9 folder to be excluded from scanning in the antivirus settings before starting the sim.

TheRedBadger

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:21:39 pm »
I went to Windows 10 virus and threat protection and added an exclusion (all of FS9). I reinstalled the scenery, entered the code but still made no mention of actually activating the scenery, then reverted to jetways.

I turned off my firewalls, also downloaded the DFW thing from the internet, installed it, ran FS9 (while already excluded), still wont' activate.

I also attempted a fix I found on this forum but that didn't work either; adding the DFW .reg to the registry (My bad, that was O'Hare. Can't find DFW.) I'm afraid nothing was different afterwards.

I also tried typing the code manually, right click paste, ctrl-V, no good.

To verify, the code did not begin with FSDT as I've noticed other serial numbers in the past (FSDTORD....etc.). Was a string of 5-digit alphanumericals XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.....
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:25:30 am by TheRedBadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 04:11:08 pm »
To verify, the code did not begin with FSDT as I've noticed other serial numbers in the past (FSDTORD....etc.). Was a string of 5-digit alphanumericals XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.....

I'm sorry, I haven't realized you bought KDFW *NOW* for FS9, it wasn't very clear from your message, so I assumed you wanted to reinstall in FS9 something you bought years ago.

You got a different Serial because, after July 1st, we switched to another ecommerce provider and with a different activation system. The new activation system recognizes OLD Serials from Esellerate, and we updated the FSX and the P3D4 version of the software to support both system, since Esellerate will work until September 30th.

Since we never anticipate someone would still *buy* something to use it in FS9 today, and there wasn't enough time to update the FS9 software to support the new system, your new key cannot be activated right now, until we'll update the FS9 version of the software.

If you contact support by email, we can supply you with an Esellerate Serial Number which you can activate with the FS9 version of the software. That will work until September 30th, and even more, if you don't change your hardware. Hopefully, by that date, we would have released an updated of the FS9 version of our software.

TheRedBadger

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 11:00:26 pm »

I'm sorry, I haven't realized you bought KDFW *NOW* for FS9, it wasn't very clear from your message, so I assumed you wanted to reinstall in FS9 something you bought years ago.

You got a different Serial because, after July 1st, we switched to another ecommerce provider and with a different activation system. The new activation system recognizes OLD Serials from Esellerate, and we updated the FSX and the P3D4 version of the software to support both system, since Esellerate will work until September 30th.

Since we never anticipate someone would still *buy* something to use it in FS9 today, and there wasn't enough time to update the FS9 software to support the new system, your new key cannot be activated right now, until we'll update the FS9 version of the software.

If you contact support by email, we can supply you with an Esellerate Serial Number which you can activate with the FS9 version of the software. That will work until September 30th, and even more, if you don't change your hardware. Hopefully, by that date, we would have released an updated of the FS9 version of our software.

Hmm I see. So I /can/ use the scenery but with a different serial number? I figured the switch may have had something to do with it.

Is it the virtual@support email address? I actually contacted them first about this but never received a response back.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:17:22 pm by TheRedBadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 12:24:57 pm »
Hmm I see. So I /can/ use the scenery but with a different serial number? I figured the switch may have had something to do with it.

Yes, we'll send you an Esellerate Serial Number, which you can activate now on Esellerate, since the Esellerate servers will be up until the end of September. I anticipate we should be able to update the FS9 software to support the new activation system ( SORACO ), by then.

Is it the virtual@support email address? I actually contacted them first about this but never received a response back.

That's because our support email doesn't look anything like that. The correct one is indicated both in your purchase receipt and in the "Contact Us" page of this site. Please make a reference to this post in your email.

TheRedBadger

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 03:31:58 pm »

Yes, we'll send you an Esellerate Serial Number, which you can activate now on Esellerate, since the Esellerate servers will be up until the end of September. I anticipate we should be able to update the FS9 software to support the new activation system ( SORACO ), by then.

That's because our support email doesn't look anything like that. The correct one is indicated both in your purchase receipt and in the "Contact Us" page of this site. Please make a reference to this post in your email.

Oh sorry I meant support@virtualisoftware.com. Is that the one? I found it in “contact” on the FAQ. Couldn’t find another “contact us” section.

Esellerate website looks... confusing. Is it something I download like the addon module on FS9?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 03:41:09 pm »
Oh sorry I meant support@virtualisoftware.com. Is that the one?

Sure.

I found it in “contact” on the FAQ. Couldn’t find another “contact us” section.

Yes, it's the FAQ and in the "Contacts" section as well. Yes, I wrote "Contact Us", when in fact it's called "Contacts".

Esellerate website looks... confusing. Is it something I download like the addon module on FS9?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. There's nothing you can download there, and surely you won't find anything to download on Esellerate. WHEN we'll update the Addon Manager for FS9 to support the new system, you will be able to activate your new Serial, the one you got during the purchase.

But until then, we must provide you with an Esellerate serial number, because the existing version of the software for FS9 works only with Esellerate. Again, nothing you are supposed to do or download in Esellerate, just send the email, and we'll email back an Esellerate-compatible Serial Number.

[/quote]

TheRedBadger

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 05:22:45 pm »
Ahh I did email that address but never received a response sometime ago. I’ll try again though.

Understood, I’ll try that code on FS9 once I receive it. Thanks!

Confirmed this worked fine. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:55:26 am by TheRedBadger »

Airbasil

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 11:55:23 am »
Hello guys...

I was just installing FSDT KDFW which I bought from Simmarket...

Though I then cen't register the Serial... it just doesn't take it... and Since Esselerate has gone, I can't even register it that way...

I allready e-mailed FSDT and was noticed about the new addon manager...

Okey, downloaded that, installed it, but then my FS won't start anymore... it sais: it has somehow failed... and couldn't start up...

Okey, deinstalled FSDT Addon manager and KDFW again... reinstalled Addon manager as standalone... Same Problem happens... FS won't startup... and gets killed due to addon manager...

Okey deinstalled Addon manager again, tried to install the Scenery Installer from KDFW again... okey addon manager runs again, but still can't register my Serial..

- What is the Problem there? where am I failing at?? why does the Addon manager Kill the FS and doesn't let it start Up??
- Why won't the addon manager run anymore, when I install the Addon manager and the Scenery installer both??
- Why can't I register my serial with only the Scenery installer runned and then trying via ALT + Enter and run the addon manager to install??

Please help out! Thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 12:28:59 pm »
Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FS9 folder from scanning. Always install the updated Addon Manager for FS9 as the last thing you do.

Also, it would be best if you said which OS you use. While we took the time to update the software for FS9 as well, we cannot guarantee it will work with older OS versions.

Airbasil

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 07:09:32 am »
Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FS9 folder from scanning. Always install the updated Addon Manager for FS9 as the last thing you do.

Also, it would be best if you said which OS you use. While we took the time to update the software for FS9 as well, we cannot guarantee it will work with older OS versions.

Antivirus was off during installation. And I was / am using W7 Home Premium. cause that's the most / best OS to run FS9 with, though it's no not anymore supported by Windows

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 04:06:02 pm »
Antivirus was off during installation. And I was / am using W7 Home Premium. cause that's the most / best OS to run FS9 with, though it's no not anymore supported by Windows

Fact you are having this problem, shows Windows 7 is not the best to run FS9 anymore, BECAUSE is not supported by Microsoft, and this has deep repercussions to all the software that will require an update, like our Addon Manager, since in order to be recompiled now, it will need lots of updated Microsoft support libraries ( C++, .NET, etc. ) that won't work with Windows 7 anymore.

As you can see, we now list Windows 8.1 as the minimum supported OS, although we only test under Windows 10. FS9 works perfectly under it.