Author Topic: Buildings appear, but no jetways  (Read 5099 times)

Mike Esposito

Buildings appear, but no jetways
« on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:50 am »
Hi guys..

having a little problem with the FLL scenery. Everything was working fine up until I've been getting CTD's using FSX. Dialed my OC back a bit and that seemed to be the culprit. However, ever since I've done this, the jetways for FLL have gone missing! I've tried to reinstall the scenery several times, deleting the Addon Manager but that didn't seem to work. I do see the addon manager in the menu bar and it seems to be fully functional.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Mike Esposito
FSX SP2 Vista 64
i720 920 @ 3.6ghz
6 GB DD3
nVidia GTX 285 1GB
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:38:51 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings appear, but no jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:46:36 am »
However, ever since I've done this, the jetways for FLL have gone missing! I've tried to reinstall the scenery several times, deleting the Addon Manager but that didn't seem to work. I do see the addon manager in the menu bar and it seems to be fully functional.

You should have asked before losing time to removing and reinstalling the Addon Manager becase, this issue doesn't have anything to do with it and the jetways should always appear, even without the Addon Manager, because they are handled entirely by FSX.

In fact, if the Addon Manager wasn't loaded, you would see ONLY the jetways, and no buildings.

If you are seeing only the buildings, it means the Addon Manager is working, and there's nothing wrong with the program or anything related to it.

Jetways are contained in the AFCAD file, there might be a couple of reasons why you don't see them:

- You are not using the AFCAD that comes with the product. In this case, uninstall the scenery, remove its folder if is still there, then reinstall it. This will ensure all files are those that comes with the scenery

- You have set your Scenery Complexity Slider too low

- You have installed AES, which excludes all our jetways to replace them with its own, but something is wrong with it so, our jetways are excluded, but you don't see the replacement ones.

- You have another scenery installed, that is excluding the jetways (and probably other things too). This is *usually* solved by putting KFLL at the top of the Scenery Library layer, which is where our installer puts in anyway.

Mike Esposito

Re: Buildings appear, but no jetways
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:46:35 am »
All is well now. Deleted the scenery one more time and erased the fsdreamteam folder. Went to install FLL but NOD32 anti virus was saying couatl was a virus and wouldn't install any further - disabled the antivirus and installed. Erased AES as well just to be sure. Jetways are back! Thanks again for your help virtuali.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:15:44 am by Mike Esposito »