Author Topic: GSX is not working after update  (Read 26419 times)

Martin009

Re: GSX is not working after update
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2019, 08:49:20 am »
Hoping for a quick Fix  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2019, 09:08:08 am »
Still no luck although doing recent updates twice.  The recent update does not work on my system and no matter what FSDT or payware airport I load up in P3Dv4.5 cause I am constantly getting the Couatl Scripting Errors. I have uninstall the program until there is a complete fix.

Then you should post the content of those error, because since the fix is already made, there are only two possibilities:

1) You haven't got the update for some reason

OR

2) You are getting a different error that doesn't have anything to do that previous problem.

Martyjr

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2019, 01:17:33 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible you would see that error. The error message is very clear: the program is trying to load this object from your JFK .INI file

FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_HSBC

Do you see this name ANYWHERE in the .INI file for JFK you sent before ?

No, it is not in the error log file.

I searched my system for anything with JBT_1_4 in it and found references to some logos and mdl  (screenshot).

I did a test.
I disabled GSX and P3Dv4.5HF1 starts ok (no errors) at KJFK but with HSBC Jetway incomplete (screenshot).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2019, 01:45:13 pm »
No, it is not in the error log file.

Surely it must be in your error log, at least the last one you posted. Are you still getting THAT error ?

If yes, as I've said multiple times, it simply cannot happen with either the current update, or even before the current update, but with the updated KFJK .INI we posted before fixing it completely (regardless of the ini)

My question was: since the error log you posted show the program couldn't load an object named FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_HSBC, the only possible place where this object should be called from is either:

- A customization .INI file for JFK you made/download under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, but you said you have none

OR

- The customization .INI file we supply with JFK in the Fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery folder and, since I asked you to post this file, to be sure you got the update, I asked you to check into THAT file if the FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_HSBC line is anywhere in the file.

If it's not in the file, how could you possibly have an error of a missing object, if there's nothing that calls that object ?

But that's besides the point, since with the latest update, the error won't appear in any case. So, again, either you haven't update the program, or you are seeing a DIFFERENT error from your last report.

Martyjr

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2019, 02:05:09 pm »
"- A customization .INI file for JFK you made/download under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, but you said you have none"
Correct, only a texture folder there with nothing in it.

I zipped the ini file from here on my PC:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery

Should I uninstall / Reinstall GSX (demo version)?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:06:07 pm by virtuali »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2019, 02:07:17 pm »
You don't seem to understand: with the current version of the program, you are not supposed to see any error, regardless of the .INI used. That was only relevant before we fixed it entirely. So, again, either you don't have the latest update, or you are getting a different error now.

Martyjr

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 02:24:29 pm »
You don't seem to understand: with the current version of the program, you are not supposed to see any error, regardless of the .INI used. That was only relevant before we fixed it entirely. So, again, either you don't have the latest update, or you are getting a different error now.

Both KJFK and KLAX are not working with GSX enabled.

The only thing I know to do is to run YOUR Live Update and it runs and says Completed (no problem indicated).

So, how do I uninstall or delete what I currently have to start over?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:32:45 pm by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2019, 02:37:19 pm »
Both KJFK and KLAX are not working with GSX enabled.

Both KJFK and KLAX works normally with the current update. Nobody else is not reporting this problem anymore.

The only thing I know to do is to run YOUR Live Update and it runs and says Completed (no problem indicated).

Then you are updated, unless there might be some issues on your local Cloudflare server, possibly caused by the yesterday outage, which brought down million of sites.

So, how do I uninstall or delete what I currently have to start over?

GSX is uninstalled/reinstalled from the Windows Control Panel, like any other software. You'll have to download the latest full installer from the website, of course, so you won't be reliant on the updater.

RocoTobbs

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2019, 03:15:19 pm »
I too did download the setup file from your website, but keep receiving the same Coualt Scripting Errors. Although restarting Coualt Engine, the error keeps poping up until you stop Coualt. With Coualt stopped, the buildings and jetways disappear, sometimes the entire terminals and no GSX services. I even delete the .ini file in the FSDT KJFK v2 scenery and there is no customize files in the GSX folder, but still receiving Coualt scripting errors although updated several times. Somehow the updates doesn't work for everyone. The missing Jetways as you claim is from the program during installation, because when installation is done I run P3D and select an airport. After sim loads up that's when errors occured. Again the updates works for some users.

However I have uninstalled the latest GSX version until the problem is solved for all users.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:20:46 pm by RocoTobbs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2019, 03:18:14 pm »
Have you set the "Disable RTT" option in the settings ?

That's not default, and should be un-checked in PBR. It was added a while ago only as a temporary fix for possible crash on exit (only visible in the Event Viewer and totally harmless ), which affect a very limited number of users in Windows 7, but it's shouldn't be used with PBR.

Also, it will result in all Logo textures being black, so it's really best not to use it. We are updating the program to have the option ignored when running with P3D4.4 and above.

RocoTobbs

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2019, 03:23:19 pm »
"Have you set the "Disable RTT" option in the settings"  It was un-checked. Never used that tweak.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2019, 03:37:04 pm »
"Have you set the "Disable RTT" option in the settings"  It was un-checked. Never used that tweak.

That was the only possible reason for still seeing that error after the update that has surely fixed it, is that you had that option enabled. And we updated it again now, so it's ignored in PBR.

RocoTobbs

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2019, 05:28:41 pm »
Thanks for help and possible solutions, but as for now I will not install GSX2 latest version until I hear a satisfactory review.

Renoi71

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2019, 05:35:04 pm »
Hi guys I may be a solution for you...

Warning I am under FSX ACC SP2 and not P3D......

*So uninstall all products FSDT -> GSX, ADDON MANAGER, and AIRPORTS
*Deleted the folder: ADDON MANAGER of your disk (the folder where you installed GSX)
*Reinstalled the update PBR, reinstalled the airports (advice re-downloaded airports on the site)
*Do an update with the FSDT Live Update and normally its should be good   ;)

(For virtuali: It's a shame that the best update is only for P3D we would have liked also to have new vehicles or animations under FSX ACC SP2 damage...)

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2019, 05:39:23 pm »
(For virtuali: It's a shame that the best update is only for P3D we would have liked also to have new vehicles or animations under FSX ACC SP2 damage...)

That's easy, just convince Microsoft to make a patch for their 12-years old sim, which would add all the following we require to create the new vehicles and animations, with the most important ones being:

- PBR support

- Human skeletons with 64 bones

- Render to Texture in DirectX for the variable logos, with DirectX 11 support, which our code requires.

- And while they are at it, a 64 conversion, so all this new stuff won't crash with an OOM

If you could convince Microsoft to do such patch for FSX-SP2, there are no issues from our side supporting it.