Author Topic: GSX 2.6 - few questions and FP custom cam issues  (Read 2973 times)

woozie

GSX 2.6 - few questions and FP custom cam issues
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:36:41 pm »
excellent update Umberto/FSDT, well worth the wait!

A few things though:

1. first person custom cam seems to be a bit buggy for me. When switching to pushback driver cam, I sometimes end up 50 meters away from the pb-truck, with the view centered on the truck. It often works flawless for some time and then it suddenly starts acting up and wont go away until i restart GSX. Is this something you are aware of?

2. The pb-truck fp cam doesnt seem to be attached to the drivers head. In turns it swivels around the nosewheel of the airplane, rather than staying attached to the driver's head. Is this a SDK limitation or something that could be fixed?

3. atc_parking_codes entries for aircrafts seem to be ignored. For example i set atc_parking_codes=SWR to get ULD's with Swiss logos. When i force a handler logo in GSX customization, all vehicles and the ULD's show the forced handler's logo. If i leave handler override to default and chose a handler in GSX dialog, all vehicles show handler logo while ULD's are generic with Jet Aviation logo. I'm using FSL A320 with most recent update and double checked existing atc_parking_codes entry in the liveries fltsim.cfg file.

4. I've got user customizations for all my addon airplanes i'm using with GSX. As the update brought quite a lot of changes, would you recommend to revert back to GSX internal database settings and based on that, create a new user custom config?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:40:15 pm by woozie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2.6 - few questions and FP custom cam issues
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:53 pm »
1. first person custom cam seems to be a bit buggy for me. When switching to pushback driver cam, I sometimes end up 50 meters away from the pb-truck, with the view centered on the truck. It often works flawless for some time and then it suddenly starts acting up and wont go away until i restart GSX. Is this something you are aware of?

Never seen that, and none of the testers ever reported it. Are you using 3rd party camera utilities that might interfere with this feature ?

2. The pb-truck fp cam doesnt seem to be attached to the drivers head. In turns it swivels around the nosewheel of the airplane, rather than staying attached to the driver's head. Is this a SDK limitation or something that could be fixed?

Yes, it's a limitation of the current camera SDK, which can be attached to an objects, but not to a sub-part of it.

3. atc_parking_codes entries for aircrafts seem to be ignored. For example i set atc_parking_codes=SWR to get ULD's with Swiss logos. When i force a handler logo in GSX customization, all vehicles and the ULD's show the forced handler's logo.

We'll check this.

4. I've got user customizations for all my addon airplanes i'm using with GSX. As the update brought quite a lot of changes, would you recommend to revert back to GSX internal database settings and based on that, create a new user custom config?

Depends on the airplane. The FS Labs A320, the Aerosoft Airbus and the Leonardo MD80 have been surely modified in the update, and it's best to use the internal data.

woozie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:08 am »

Never seen that, and none of the testers ever reported it. Are you using 3rd party camera utilities that might interfere with this feature ?

Sorry, forgot to mention that i'm using chaseplane for cams.

Thanks for the other replies Umberto, much appreciated

woozie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:39:30 pm »
btw, resetting the FSL A32x configs to GSX internal database settings will set the fueling point to the aircraft's center (0,0 coordinates).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:43:44 pm »
btw, resetting the FSL A32x configs to GSX internal database settings will set the fueling point to the aircraft's center (0,0 coordinates).

No, I can confirm the fuel coordinates are set in the GSX Internal database so, if you see it at 0, it means you have another GSX.CFG file, possibly in the airplane own folder ? Note that, you must Restart Couatl after a Reset.

woozie

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:19 pm »
Aircraft config window shows data source as GSX internal database only, no other entries. Also i moved all my aircraft configs into a backup folder on my desktop, the aircraft folder in appdata was completely empty, and i restarted the sim inbetween. I'm trying this with FSL A320 CFM, btw

Not a big deal though, i have set it manually.

However, the cam problem i mentioned in my OP is a much bigger issue for me. Given how popular chaseplane is, i assume that quite a few of your betatesters were chaseplane users, they didnt have any issue at all during testing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:05:20 pm »
Aircraft config window shows data source as GSX internal database only, no other entries

Sorry, you are right, I was checking the Wingtip and Wingroot positions, and they are in fact set, but not the fuel point. We'll fix this now.

woozie

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:26 pm »
cheers Umberto!