Author Topic: NEW HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOREAL SCENERY OF FT LAUDERDALE FOR FSX  (Read 13600 times)

andrewblan

Hey everyone.

I'm just announcing a brand new (about to be) released addon for FSX by Flight Sim Designs, Fort Lauderdale X! This is a high resolution 30cm/px photoreal scenery that covers 10 miles wide and 35 miles long of FT Lauderdale, FL. We are hoping to release this by Monday, so check back often. I will post the website in the coming day.

Attached are screenshots, enjoy!

Andrew

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: NEW HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOREAL SCENERY OF FT LAUDERDALE FOR FSX
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:44:35 am »
Looks good Andrew. I hope that it looks like it has more contrast in the sim. Here is a sample from my project taken from FSX in Ft. Lauderdale. I color corrected the contrast and brightness a little before I compiled it so that it did look as washed out as my original source file. Have a look.

andrewblan

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:46:27 am »
Yes, It should. BTW, our email is support@flightsimdesigns.com for more questions.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 01:11:42 am »
When do you think your site will be up?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 04:03:15 pm »
...photoreal scenery that covers 10 miles wide and 35 miles long...

That seems like an awfully small coverage area, 10 miles is almost nothing from the air.  Megascenery Earth is a 50 mile square, and you can see from one side to the other.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 05:34:08 pm »
Looks good Andrew. I hope that it looks like it has more contrast in the sim. Here is a sample from my project taken from FSX in Ft. Lauderdale. I color corrected the contrast and brightness a little before I compiled it so that it did look as washed out as my original source file. Have a look.

I like yours more.

http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=68

What does anyone think of this?
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:46 am »

I like yours more.

That's only for FSX right? or what...   ???
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:00:32 am »

I like yours more.

Wideloadwhitford, the pics I posted are Ft.Lauderdale phototiles I made myself. I just posted those to see if the original poster was going to color balance and color correct his tiles before he compiled them, just wanted him to see the difference since his seemed a little washout looking.

BTW, I bought the MegaSceneryEarth Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. They are horrible, don't waste the money. They are not color balanced or corrected and have lots of clouds on the ground. Probably the worst payware photoscenery I have ever seen. That was what prompted me to make my own since it seemed no other developer would do it. The only good part about the MegaSceneryEarth tiles is that the night textures look pretty good since you cant see the clouds on the ground, but since I fly mostly in the day time I never use them.

andrewblan

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 02:29:53 pm »
Hey,
Website will be up in an hour.

If you notice in the middle of the shot there are clouds, which come out like big white splotches in FSX. My scenery is cloud free, cheap (grand opening price of 12 dollars) and you get a lot for your money (over 3 gigs of 30cm/px high res scenery). I think that is a much better deal than others. Also, there will be updates, which include night textures, added areas and more. That is all free to buyers. We will also expand the area another 25 miles or so each in future updates.

Also, this will not be for fs9. The graphics engine couldn't handle it lol  ;).

I will post when website is up and you can buy it.

Thanks for everyone interest,

Andrew

andrewblan

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:33:55 pm »
BTW I meant the megascenery shot.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:45:04 pm »

I like yours more.

Wideloadwhitford, the pics I posted are Ft.Lauderdale phototiles I made myself. I just posted those to see if the original poster was going to color balance and color correct his tiles before he compiled them, just wanted him to see the difference since his seemed a little washout looking.

BTW, I bought the MegaSceneryEarth Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. They are horrible, don't waste the money. They are not color balanced or corrected and have lots of clouds on the ground. Probably the worst payware photoscenery I have ever seen. That was what prompted me to make my own since it seemed no other developer would do it. The only good part about the MegaSceneryEarth tiles is that the night textures look pretty good since you cant see the clouds on the ground, but since I fly mostly in the day time I never use them.

Thanks, after I posted the links I went on the site and saw that their KMSY looks terrible. Well I still likes yours better than the first dude, because it seems like it has a haze in it.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

andrewblan

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »
The haze is caused by Real Environment Extreme, not the textures. I have color corrected the tiles today and am creating the installer now. The website is almost up, where you can purchase the scenery.

Andrew

andrewblan

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 07:41:23 pm »
I am also including the everglades, which I am creating now, so that it will extend about 50 sq miles as requested. The price will still be
$12.00.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 10:39:38 pm »
No offense but there is nothing to see in he Everglades just saw 2D saw grass, Id rather have some of Pompano or up to Lake Okeechobee.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

andrewblan

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 10:43:17 pm »
Well, its going to be more of the border where the everglades meets the cities.