Author Topic: Live Update not finishing due to FSDT Registry error 2.6.0  (Read 1723 times)

thannyd

Live Update not finishing due to FSDT Registry error 2.6.0
« on: July 01, 2019, 01:04:34 pm »
When updating using FSDT Live update, the following error message appears (see below)

Tried uninstalling everything FSDT related (only GSX luckily), Rebooted, checked registry and deleted the FSDT entries in the Registry.
Rebooted, then full install again. Hangs at same point with same error.

Any ideas?

Greetz,

Thanny

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update not finishing due to FSDT Registry error 2.6.0
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 01:16:49 pm »
The registry entries the program reads are not the FSDT ones, but the ones for the simulator, to check which sim you installed. From the look of the error, it seems you have an orphaned registry key from a simulator you uninstalled which is still there.

thannyd

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 01:21:09 pm »
Thnx for the fast reply!

Seems that when switching to P3Dv4, my FSX uninstall got botched, maybe there are some residual FSX registry entries still around. I will look for them and remove them.
Curious however when installing GSX again the FSX entries are blanked out, only P3Dv4 was enabled in the install window.

Edit
Seems to be working now. Live update is running!

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:24:11 pm by thannyd »

Kinta

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 01:42:29 pm »
The registry entries the program reads are not the FSDT ones, but the ones for the simulator, to check which sim you installed. From the look of the error, it seems you have an orphaned registry key from a simulator you uninstalled which is still there.

I was struggling with the same problem but solved this by deleting the orphaned FSX key at:

RootKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: \Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 02:02:54 pm by Kinta »