FSDreamTeam forum
November 19, 2019, 12:35:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Esellerate closure information and yes, we are having a SALE 40% off!  (Read 5690 times)
virtuali
Administrator

« on: July 01, 2019, 05:53:14 AM »

You surely must have got news of the upcoming Esellerate closure. Digital River, which is Esellerate parent company, has decided to streamline their offer, and will stop Esellerate sales starting today, July 1st 2019. How this affects FSDT customers ?

Not much. We took all the steps to be sure the transition will be as smooth as possible, and here's some infos about what to expect:

- Starting July 1st 2019, our products will be sold on a different Digital River service, called MyCommerce Share-it. There's nothing much to say about it, it's still the same company, the look of the shop is a bit different, but it's really a minor issue.

- Esellerate Activation servers, which is probably what might concerns users more, will continue to work until September 30th. This means simply nothing will change, in relationship to activation of existing orders, until that date.

- New orders made starting from July 1st on MyCommerce, will use a different licensing system, called Quick License Manager, made by the Canadian company SORACO. It's a company that does only one thing: provide licensing systems to software developers and running servers. Their software is more flexible than Esellerate, it's well maintained and they have terrific support. The licensing system has several new features which weren't available on Esellerate, which should make users life easier when dealing with reinstalls.

With the GSX PBR update we released today, our software has been updated to support BOTH licensing systems at the same time, and this allowed us to prevent any service interruption, because your old Esellerate Serial Number will surely work as it always did with Esellerate, and when Esellerate will close down their Activation servers entirely, your OLD Serial Number from Esellerate will continue to work on SORACO, as if nothing happened, with no intervention required on your part.

This is possible, because we have uploaded ALL the Esellerate Serial Numbers we ever generated along the years to the new system, so they will be recognized there, even when Esellerate will be gone. This regardless where you bought an FSDT product from, for example from other retailers. ALL our Serial Numbers from Esellerate will be moved on SORACO, and can be reactivated there. There's nothing you are supposed to do, other than keeping tabs of your Serial Number, which will be required *after* you'll change hardware or reinstall Windows.

RETRIEVING PAST ORDERS

- Until September 30th, Esellerate will still work, and you can use the familiar procedure explained on our FAQ, to retrieve any past orders you might have lost. But keep in mind the issue of the 10 years time limit, explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19559.0.html

This is valid only for orders made on our site, using the Esellerate store. If you bought any FSDT products from a retailer, like Simmarket, FSPS or PC Aviator, you should use the retailer own procedures to retrieve lost orders, which contains your original Serial Number, which will work on Esellerate until the end of September, but it's ready to be activated on SORACO.

IS THIS NEW LICENSING SYSTEM BETTER THAN ESELLERATE ?

SORACO is surely a more modern system, is more tested with the latest OS (Esellerate last update of their .DLL happened in 2007), it's well maintained, and it has more features.

A good one is the ability for users to Deactivate a license even when the PC which was tied to no longer works or has been sold/disposed. Before, you could Deactivate only when the product was fully activated on a working system.

The offline activation without internet has a slicker interface, and doesn't require 2 separate PCs, since it works with any mobile phone, using the phone camera to scan a QR code that will point the phone browser over the web page with an activation code that can be typed back into the offline computer.

You now can check how many activation you used and how many you have left, from the same interface that controls Deactivation.

If you want to have a look at how the self-service site from SORACO looks like, this is the address:

https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/

If you still don't see your old Serial Numbers yet, fear not, we are still moving some of them, and the process will be completed in the next few days. Not a problem now, since Esellerate will still work for 3 months.

To recap, you don't have to worry about the Esellerate closure, and everything has been setup to provide service with no interruptions. Having said that, what's the best way to test our new Ecommerce site ?

BY HAVING A SALE, of course!

Starting today, for the next 10 days, you can buy every FSDT product with an hefty 40% discount, using the following Coupon Code in the "Redeem Coupon Code" field of the ordering page:

SORRYWEARELATE

Be sure to click the "Update" link, and verify the Coupon has been accepted and the price changes.

Briogt

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:39:57 AM »

Yesterday I made a purchase through Simarket of 3 airports KMEM KSDF and PHNL, once received my serial numbers I continue to the activation and I realize that the codes 2 of the serial numbers are with the family format FSDTKMEM- FSDTKSDF - and the corresponding PHNL is different attempt to perform the activation KMEM and KSDF but I see a SORACO saying that I could not register because they were not valid serial number, when trying with the PHNL succeeds in doing it successfully. Now that I can do about the other 2 activation codes, is there any other way to activate my codes?
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »

It's not a problem if you still got an Esellerate number, because the Esellerate servers will still be up until September 30th, and our software first tries to connect to Esellerate to activate, then it goes to Soraco if Esellerate fails.

Just be sure you don't have any firewall or antivirus which is blocking outgoing connection from the simulator or to our Addon Manager folder ( the Couatl.exe program shouldn't be blocked ), so your Esellerate serial will be activated on Esellerate, which is still up and running normally.

fwerff

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »

It may be me, but I don't see the "Redeem Coupon" field on the order page?
Where can I find it?
Briogt

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:55 PM »

Thanks,   True turning off the firewall solve the troble.

Thank you again for support.
kaluleomorir

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »

Hello FSDT Team!
First of all congrats for all the job done great products! and by the way, excuse my english (not native).

I saw the offer but what really confuses me, is My Ecommerce Online Store shows almost all airports are suitable for FSX & FS9. They don`t says in an explicit way they are fit to P3D v4.5, so Im affraid of buying a licence wich will not work under the last platform.

Greetings,
Andrés
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

You'll find the most updated information in the various product pages and, with the exception of JFK V1, ALL our products are fully compatible with P3D4 up to 4.5.

Of course, since we sell everything in Trial version, you are normally supposed to install first, and purchase next so, if you installed the Trial of the products you are interested in, you would have known it installs just fine in P3D4.

viperxbr

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »

Wanted to buy GSX2 with the coupon but there's nowhere to enter it on any of the new pages prior to the "Paypal" page.

Am I missing something?

From past experience, I did not go past the Paypal page because of the good chance I'll get charged full price.

***UPDATE:  Never mind...didn't notice that I missed the boat on this sale.  In any event I still couldn't find any spot to redeem a coupon in this new system.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:11:41 PM by viperxbr » Logged

Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 11:47:10 AM »

In any event I still couldn't find any spot to redeem a coupon in this new system.

That's because the Coupon field automatically disappear is there are no sales running.

viperxbr

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »

That's because the Coupon field automatically disappear is there are no sales running.

Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

KKamradt

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 11:24:41 PM »

I went to the link for the new site, a screen comes up that gives you the option to check an existing license.

I typed in both my activation keys, and the SKU numbers for a couple of the sceneries I had purchased over the years.

Got message below.

Your license was not found. Please re-activate your license using your Activation Key.

Thanks,

Kevin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »

I typed in both my activation keys

Where and when you bought your products from ? All old keys from FSDT and Simmarket are already on the new server, but we are still completing the migration of keys from other retailers. Not that this would be an issue, since you are normally supposed to get those keys from those retailer websites, ours is just an additional option.

, and the SKU numbers for a couple of the sceneries I had purchased over the years.

The SKU number won't obviously do anything, since it's just a code that identify a product and it's the same for everybody, it's not your license.

I went to the link for the new site, a screen comes up that gives you the option to check an existing license.

Your license was not found. Please re-activate your license using your Activation Key.

What you were trying to do ? The option to check an existing license is only used when you ALREADY activated a product, and you wanted to see how many activations you still have left, or if you want to Deactivate a license from a PC, for example after you dispose/sell it.

Instead, if you want to retrieve your activation keys, you must use the "Email license keys" option.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:23:48 AM by virtuali » Logged

KKamradt

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:18 AM »

I was trying to verify if my purchase history has successfully migrated to the new seller.

I assume it needs to be there if for some reason I need to re-load and activate the  scenery, though I'm not sure that is the case.

virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 11:31:20 AM »

I was trying to verify if my purchase history has successfully migrated to the new seller.

Then, as I've said, you should have used the "Email license keys", which checks if your email has been associated with a new activation key. This is valid for all purchases made on FSDT/Esellerate website, or Simmarket.

For orders made on other retailers, your *email* will not be found there, but you old Esellerate key HAS been linked to a new Soraco key so, as long as you have your original Serial Number, it will activate BOTH on Esellerate ( until Sept 30th ) AND on the new system, since our updated software will try to contact both servers in sequence so, everything will just work, provided you don't have a firewall or antivirus which is blocking online access to the activation server, since the ability to activate old Esellerate keys on Soraco REQUIRES a working internet connection.

Not being able to retrieve your Serial Number using your email, is only valid for purchases made outside the FSDT site or Simmarket, but this won't be usually a problem, since every retailer has their own methods to retrieve Serial Numbers from past orders.

Basically, as long as you have your Serial Number ( old or new, doesn't matter ), everything will work. But if you want to use an Esellerate Serial Number to activate, you MUST fix your firewall, and be sure the software can connect to the internet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: