Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 97302 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2019, 04:33:25 pm »
I'm not "denying" anything.

It's just the forum is flooded by so many messages asking the same issues over and over without checking if they have been already answered, that I cannot find the time to look at this, because I must reply to everybody, otherwise word will start to spread "FSDT doesn't answer"...

Well, at least during the last 15 minutes, THANKS to a global Cloudflare outage has brought down million of sites:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/cloudflare-outage-means-websites-including-detector-10103471/

The forum was unreachable, so I found the time to:

- Uninstall everything

- Reinstall into a totally separate folder named:

D:\P3D Addons\FSDT

With the sim installed in C:\Prepar3d4

And guess what...the installation was FLAWLESS. The updater didn't remove anything, it only downloaded a few files which were updated after the release, and that's it. The sim ran perfectly with GSX at the first try.

So, again, there MUST be something different in your systems, and the only way to know, is having a TM session.

Syzygy

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2019, 04:34:46 pm »
Hello Umberto,

This is my first post on your Forums and I also want to add my name to the list of people with problems since the update. I just spent two days on this, installing, reinstalling, checking .net updates, ensuring Windows Defender is not interfering with the GSX install, trying different SSD’s and so on. I used IObit Uninstaller and CCleaner to remove all traces of previous installs then installed again, and again from your site. I have P3Dv4.5 only on my PC and a number of other Add-Ons, which all work perfectly.

Before the updates my install was on C:/GSX and it worked well. However, since the update on my system your programme just does not want to work properly in any location other than C:/Program Files (x86). A location I am not happy about but at least the programme is now running. Yes, I have Windows Defender configured correctly with relevant Exclusions.

Hopefully, as developer, you will be able to provide us all with some idea of a solution in the near future.

Thanks,
Roger

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:36:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2019, 04:37:36 pm »
Before the updates my install was on C:/GSX and it worked well. However, since the update on my system your programme just does not want to work properly in any location other than C:/Program Files (x86).

Have you read my previous reply ? it works fine here. If it doesn't work on your system, it's not normal and the only possible way to know, is having a TM session with you. PM if it's ok for you.

SkylaneT

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2019, 04:44:52 pm »
At least we have found out some solution. It's not big deal for me that it isnt working as it should, i found a solution for my system and that is that. Dont get mad Virtuali, we all just wanna help and try to solve the solution for this issue that beta tester didnt run into.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2019, 04:46:22 pm »
At least we have found out some solution. It's not big deal for me that it isnt working as it should, i found a solution for my system and that is that.

It would be helpful to know what is that, because it might lead to having the updater being fixed to handle that situation automatically.

SkylaneT

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2019, 04:48:10 pm »
Yes, its very strange/funny issue. Never ever have run in something like this. 😎

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2019, 04:51:56 pm »
Yes, its very strange/funny issue. Never ever have run in something like this.

You are free to send me a PM to explain it, if that's the issue.

Woodrow

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2019, 04:53:36 pm »
Well if you'd answered my TeamView request you'd know.  I'm not moaning but come on.  Even if you feel that it's got to be user error at least look at their system so you can confirm.  In this case and I bet if everyone having issues with installing to separate drives just lets the installer go into C drive then everything will be ok.  It does not matter to me where the software goes, what matters is being able to fix it when it goes wrong.  I've seen more posts telling everyone they're wrong instead of trying to find out why so many are having the SAME issue.  keep the products coming and I'll always support you in buying them.  

SkylaneT

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:11 pm »
I already post my problem and found the solution for my system, but i cant explain why is that. Never seen anything like this. Will try to dig a little more.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:43 pm »
Well if you'd answered my TeamView request you'd know.

If users would calm down and, AT LEAST, stop posting the same questions over and over without checking if they have been already answered (they always have), I might have some time to reply to your PM.

Even if you feel that it's got to be user error at least look at their system so you can confirm.

That's precisely why I asked to have a TM session to begin with! You know how many replied to it ? YOU and another ONE. That's it. I'll try connect with you as soon as possible.

In this case and I bet if everyone having issues with installing to separate drives just lets the installer go into C drive then everything will be ok.

The issue is, I already tried, and I have no issues whatsoever installing in a random folder in D:, with the sim installed in C:, which seemed to be the problem  reported. So, it must be something else as well, not just the fact it doesn't work from D:, because it's surely does.

Estebanfsx

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2019, 05:10:00 pm »

You give us solution that does not work ... result couatl works no longer under FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2019, 05:11:14 pm »
You give us solution that does not work ... result couatl works no longer under FSX

The solution I gave you works just fine. But it's for FSDT airports only. If you have other customization, as I've already explained to you, you must move them aside, until we'll come with the real fix.

j.verver95

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2019, 05:26:53 pm »
Hi Alberto,

unfortunately i must add myself to the list of people having problems. Everything worked flawless as i have a dedicated D drive for my P3D and all addons.
I was very hyped about the update and ran the live updater as administrator. I got the value error but i don't think that has any influence on the installer. However, in the end also, i saw exactly what everybody is describing that my files where deleted and the GSX control menu icon disappeared. In P3D under de addon tab is the addon manager visible however not GSX and the standard control to open the menu won't work either. I already did what you described 3 times:
- deleted GSX completely and every folder related to it
- Answered yes on all questions including the addon manager to uninstall everything
- reinstalled GSX

Everytime it is doing the same thing. I am willing to make an appointment so you can look at MY system via teamviewer so you can research the problem which could help all the people which have problems?

I only hope it gets fixed soon as this is a really big bummer to GSX as it worked flawless before the update which was also located in the D drive.

Greetz,
Jasper

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2019, 05:33:29 pm »
Everytime it is doing the same thing. I am willing to make an appointment so you can look at MY system via teamviewer so you can research the problem which could help all the people which have problems?

PM me about this.

Syzygy

« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2019, 05:49:17 pm »
Before the updates my install was on C:/GSX and it worked well. However, since the update on my system your programme just does not want to work properly in any location other than C:/Program Files (x86).

Have you read my previous reply ? it works fine here. If it doesn't work on your system, it's not normal and the only possible way to know, is having a TM session with you. PM if it's ok for you.

PM sent

Thanks,
Roger