Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 98106 times)

PC Pilot

Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2019, 01:28:32 pm »

Well, looking at this thread and other posts it looks like he isn't the only one. I too have the exact same problem, everything installs fine but all the files in that particular folder are then deleted after running the Live Update. I found out because the manual PDF and Configurator tool were not found by Windows (after clicking their icon).

Now, I understand that no two computers are the same but looking at what others have posted it's clear that this is not an isolated problem.

I agree with SIMTOM.

For now, I’ll attempt to reinstall the update one more time. My upgrade seemed to be OK after doing a complete uninstall then reinstalling, but at the end the desktop icon changed its appearance and the FSDT Control Manager did not work because it couldn’t find the files. Somehow the files, the location, or both were deleted or moved.

I did nothing other than use the new installer.

I installed it to a custom folder which is supposed to work just like the default folder but it does not (previous versions did). I have a 1 TB SSD drive with plenty of space for installations and other addons worked fine when installing so I know it’s not a space issue for me when installing GSX.

I will uninstall this latest version again and will chose the default location folder on reinstall as someone else mentioned to see if that works. If not, then it’s back to the previous version which hopefully will work. And hopefully I’ll be able to recover my customizations.

SkylaneT

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
I found that for MY system it also works without problem when I install GSX to default folder on C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. If I install on my dedicated P3D disk "E:\Prepar3D Addons\GSX\Addon Manager", then it erases the files in .\couatl\GSX.  :)

AFS

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2019, 01:46:47 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Thank you for your detailed instructions. Now I realize why the update took so long. It has also downloaded the "Legacy Files" even though the FSX is not installed at all.
The reason for this is that obviously an uninstall routine did NOT delete this entry in the registry.

Since I did the reinstallation exclusively for P3D4, I did not assume that the Live-Update goes through all possible registry keys, recognizes FSX - although the setup was made only for P3D4 - and additionally downloads the Legacy files.
This should not happen, nor should it be installed during the installation SODE and explicitly only for P3D4 is activated.

What astonishes me even more is the fact that this was neither a topic nor a problem with the previous updates.
No additional data was created for the non-existent FSX.

OK, dialogues bring enlightenment.
Only the "last" problem, the uncontrolled deletion of GSX files, has yet to be clarified. But I think that too will succeed.

Wenn Sie wissen, dass Ihre Internetverbindung langsam ist, führen Sie das Update einfach nicht durch und verwenden Sie das vollständige Installationsprogramm.

Hmmm. The problem is that you can only download the setup file, "gsx_p3d4_setup.exe " with 611 KB.

After calling this file, the installation starts automatically and you have no idea WHERE the installation files are downloaded.
Only at the end of the installation process will open a explorer window and you will be asked if you want to keep the files. This is not possible before.
Summary, only the download and save of the setup files (installation program) is NOT possible.

Also, it is not possible to prevent the update "on a normal way", it starts automatically after the complete installation.
Since the web connection must be upright because of the installation, this can not be avoided.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:49:15 pm by AFS »

jkatz098

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2019, 01:47:05 pm »
Few issues with refueling

1) The guy is floating in the air when he connects the hoses

2) When disconnecting and putting the stuff away, the animation just runs in reverse which looks weird because people are walking backwards

3) When the drive got back in the truck, he suddenly shot out of the truck and disappeared then ended back up on top of the wing, the other guy is still standing there and I have to reset the position to continue
http://i65.tinypic.com/2rx8mr7.jpg

4)Can we have the option to switch from gallons to litres or kilograms on the fuel truck?

5)Fuel truck animation freeze when you minimise the sim, if you wait long enough and switch back into p3d the animations run super fast as if they are catching up
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:00:49 pm by virtuali »

SkylaneT

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2019, 01:55:02 pm »
I found that for MY system it also works without problem when I install GSX to default folder on C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. If I install on my dedicated P3D disk "E:\Prepar3D Addons\GSX\Addon Manager", then it erases the files in .\couatl\GSX.  :)

In addition, I think i've found a problem at least for my system. I've tried to install GSX first in D:\Addon Manager and then on E:\Addon Manager. Both times installation was successful, without deletin necessary files in .\couatl\GSX. It seems when updating installation, files arent accepted by my E:\Prepar3D Addon\GSX\Addon Manager folder.  :)

Zayad Abushamka

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2019, 02:01:38 pm »
from yesterday the download stopped at 5% any idea to fix it please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2019, 02:05:05 pm »
It seems when updating installation, files arent accepted by my E:\Prepar3D Addon\GSX\Addon Manager folder.

The updater will update files of our existing installation regardless where they are. But in order to know where you previous installation was, it reads a key in the registry from the previous install. If you MOVE your GSX installation manually, everything will fail, so this is what I think happened in your system.

The ONLY proper way to "MOVE" an FSDT installation is:

- Uninstall each and ever FSDT product you have.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" ( this is the most important part )

- Reinstall all products

SkylaneT

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2019, 02:13:57 pm »
I didn't move manually any FSDT installation and I only have one and that is GSX. I know you don't suposed to do that. I'm some sort of IT "expert" myself.  :-[  And each time I am doing new installation, I completely uninstall GSX and Addon Manager and also delete all folders including Virtuali folder. I know it's strange, but that the way it is, at least for me and I'm happy that it works.  8)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:17:46 pm by virtuali »

SkylaneT

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2019, 02:33:02 pm »
Here it is. I've tried it once again. One installation in my P3D addon folder, and other installation on root of my disk.

Here are images with completed installation:

https://imgur.com/WyDSJt5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CKDWf1D.jpg

I hope it helps somehow.  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:39:31 pm by p4pe »

Krielkip

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2019, 03:02:35 pm »
The first person scenes don't work for me. I get a scene far beyond the pushback truck for instance.

HansK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2019, 03:10:59 pm »
The first person scenes don't work for me. I get a scene far beyond the pushback truck for instance.

Which pushback truck model was, exactly ?

klisura

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2019, 03:12:42 pm »
Same issue for me. After Live update Gsx is no more present in Addon menu.
I have GSX + GSX level 2 on a separate drive (D) where is all other P3D stuff.

I could try to install on C but I would prefer to have it on D.

I think it's time for Virtuali to recognize the defect and start working on a solution instead of continuing with denialism.

Woodrow

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2019, 03:36:43 pm »
Any chance of more effort into fixing this issue instead of lengthy posts defending the issues.  And I'm still waiting for my TeamView appointment you mention.  Never had any issues like this with any other software update.

klisura

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2019, 04:20:11 pm »
Any chance of more effort into fixing this issue instead of lengthy posts defending the issues.  And I'm still waiting for my TeamView appointment you mention.  Never had any issues like this with any other software update.

Do you have GSX installed on your system drive (usually C:) or on a separate drive?

Woodrow

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2019, 04:26:40 pm »
It works only if installed on my C drive. Not where all my other P3d stuff is kept. No dramas but can’t see how so called beta testers wouldn’t have found that. Thanks to good community who worked this out.