Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 97181 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »
You don't say which simulator you use. Assuming you used P3D4.4, which is the minimum requirement to use the new update, be sure you haven't set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager settings. If you have it, turn if off, which is the default, otherwise no logo and jetway number textures will be seen.

This change will be in effect only after a simulator restart.

keithgiannoni

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2019, 04:50:06 pm »
Great update, many thanks. Bringing realism ever closer. Tried it out today and working well!!

Appreciate all the hard work by the Team.

Keith

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 05:09:55 pm »
Just want to chime in here and thank you for the wonderful update.

Not many developers would offer this for free and there is probably no other add-on that got so many free updates over the years. Highly appreciated and whatever your next expansion pack is I will surely buy it.

Thanks,

Christoph

Christoph

Shamrock727

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 05:42:12 pm »
Great, thanks for clarifying.

One other thing I would like to mention - the pushback truck that lifts the aircraft on pushback doesn't lift my aircraft, instead it lowers the nose. As well as that - the pushback at SBKP made by paulo ricardo pushes the aircraft onto the grass and then back onto the apron, it appears to go further than it should before turning the aircraft into the position selected. Having a look at the afcad for the scenery doesn't suggest anything that would cause this type of behaviour. I will try later on tonight to see whether the same occurs at another airport.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:29:46 pm by virtuali »

ahmadjie80

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 06:24:36 pm »
how to solve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 06:27:20 pm »
how to solve this?

Have you moved GSX manually after the installation ? You can't do that.

- Uninstall GSX

- Uninstall all any other FSDT products you might have

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall using only the current FULL installer for all the products you uninstalled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:11 pm »
One other thing I would like to mention - the pushback truck that lifts the aircraft on pushback doesn't lift my aircraft, instead it lowers the nose.

You don't say which aircraft, so it's impossible to help you.

As well as that - the pushback at SBKP made by paulo ricardo pushes the aircraft onto the grass and then back onto the apron, it appears to go further than it should before turning the aircraft into the position selected. Having a look at the afcad for the scenery doesn't suggest anything that would cause this type of behaviour. I will try later on tonight to see whether the same occurs at another airport.

Clearly a problem with the AFCAD. The new Custom pushback feature in Free mode should allow you fixing any issues with AFCAD files.

mwyatt

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2019, 06:44:04 pm »
Hi Virtuali, I get exactly the same as Ahmadjie80 shows in his screen captures.
I have not moved any files after installation, nor modified the system in any way. GSX does not work for me after the update.
I have reverted to a backup copy from 2 weeks ago for the time being.
Your assistance in fixing this problem would be appreciated.
Martin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 06:46:31 pm »
Hi Virtuali, I get exactly the same as Ahmadjie80 shows in his screen captures.

- Uninstall GSX

- Uninstall all any other FSDT products you might have

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall using only the current FULL installer for all the products you uninstalled.

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2019, 06:48:02 pm »
Just went through this thread, but I didn't see an answer for the error during the udpate (see below).  Any news on this?

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 06:52:58 pm »
Also, is it normal for the Live Updater to just stop with 0 percentage?  See attached screen shot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 07:03:54 pm »
Just went through this thread, but I didn't see an answer for the error during the udpate (see below).  Any news on this?

This has been already answered in several threads, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21080.msg143734.html#msg143734

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 07:05:49 pm »
Also, is it normal for the Live Updater to just stop with 0 percentage?  See attached screen shot.

It hasn't stopped, it has completed and it's waiting for you to press the Completed button. It's likely the files to be updated were so few, that it wasn't enough to move the progress bar past 0%, this is normal if you already installed GSX using the latest installer before.

1lukas5cyolo

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »
Have a biiggg problem with the update. I get an LCD error, but no prob. But than comes the second update window and than it is removing things like the FSDT GSX Control Panal. For that GSX is not working in the Sim and it say´s me everytime that there is a update aviable

mwyatt

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 07:24:54 pm »
Hi again Virtuali, I have also followed your instructions, uninstalled GSX and addon manager as suggested.
Disabled anti virus, Run the setup as admin, and I get exactly the same result, as per the screenshots, removing files not found etc, live update does not work, No GSX menu when pressing CTRL-F12, nothing at all.
Presently restoring a previously saved backup, taken before the update.
Your help with a solution is still requested.
Martin.