Author Topic: Installing GSX stuck on "configuring support software for Prepar3D v5"  (Read 37 times)

eladpress

Hello, i'm using P3D v5.4.9 and trying to install GSX which I own.
However whenever I try to install it the installer is stuck on "configuring support software for Prepar3D v5".
I realize it's the only part of the installer not related to FSDT code, but i turned off the anti-virus and have exclusions on the addon manager folder, and p3d folder.
Would love some help with this, as I can't use the product I paid for. Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I realize it's the only part of the installer not related to FSDT code

That's good you realized that, indicating it has nothing to do with GSX. At that stage, the installer is starting P3D itself, using the standard command-line mode that is the official way to install an add-on so, instead of meddling with XML and CFG files, we let the sim doing that, and it's the proper way suggested by LM.

So, it seems your issues is that, for some reason, P3D doesn't work for you when started from the command line, which can be caused by a variety of reasons, from activation issues to permission issues, to antivirus interference, but all related to the sim itself.

eladpress

I realize it's the only part of the installer not related to FSDT code

That's good you realized that, indicating it has nothing to do with GSX. At that stage, the installer is starting P3D itself, using the standard command-line mode that is the official way to install an add-on so, instead of meddling with XML and CFG files, we let the sim doing that, and it's the proper way suggested by LM.

So, it seems your issues is that, for some reason, P3D doesn't work for you when started from the command line, which can be caused by a variety of reasons, from activation issues to permission issues, to antivirus interference, but all related to the sim itself.

Ok, so what should I do about it? How do you suggest I proceed?

eladpress

For further information, this is the event appearing in event viewer:

The program gsx_p3d4_setup (1).tmp version 51.52.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 30d4
 Start Time: 01da972b69003269
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: C:\Users\press\AppData\Local\Temp\is-VOBF8.tmp\gsx_p3d4_setup (1).tmp
 Report Id: a76cf9dc-9d44-4321-be35-6708f5d9043a
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Hang type: Top level window is idle

I also tried to run the setup as administrator and gave the prepar3D.exe full permissions via the properties menu.
I ask for help troubleshooting this, I've been at this for a week.