Author Topic: GSX not working only in KCLT  (Read 14214 times)

hontzt

Re: GSX not working only in KCLT
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 12:30:33 am »
Good evening, disregard my post.  Now they reappeared.  Not sure what is going on.

VR
Todd Hontz

WestIandian86

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 05:20:25 pm »
We asked clarification to SODE developer, and the issue is caused by a new optimization that has been added to SODE 1.6.4 that, in order to speed up loading, will ignore FSDT folders that are not jetways, and it use the "FSDT_Jetway" and "FSDT_SODE_*" patterns. Since KCLT jetways are in a folder named "FSDT_KCLT_Jetway", they don't match those patterns, so SODE is ignoring them.

The solution is to rename this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KCLT_Jetway

to be like this:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_KCLT

so it will match one of the patterns and won't be discarded by SODE.

Greetings,

I have done this several times and still getting an error - it has now become very frustrating.

See attached the error log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 11:19:33 pm »
I have done this several times and still getting an error - it has now become very frustrating.

Of course you don't see any changes by doing that: your error doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the issue reported here, which is SODE jetways not working due the name of their folder, which is not recognized by the current version of SODE.

Your error, instead, is caused by having made (or downloaded ) a GSX customzation file for KCLT which was made with a very early version of GSX L2 which had a bug in the logo selection logic. We fixed the problem almost immediately but, your old customization file should be removed.

The issue, with the solution, was already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20962.msg142992.html#msg142992

and here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20726.msg141619.html#msg141619

WestIandian86

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 06:53:35 am »
Sir,

Thanks for that, but I do not have any other mods for the CLT. I actually did a re-write of the latest version of the CLT installer, and the issue remains the same. While every other ini file is written here %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\, the CLT is written here D:\Program Files\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KCLT\scenery

So The other two links you sent did not assist me as I will still having the issue..

However, after doing a reinstall to over-write and the work-around you have here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20048.0.html, I was able to use the airport again.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 08:26:17 am »
While every other ini file is written here %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\, the CLT is written here D:\Program Files\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KCLT\scenery

This is of course normal, since that's the .INI file we provide for KCLT. But it doesn't contain any jetways. The %APPDATA% location is for files you make or download.

however, after doing a reinstall to over-write and the work-around you have here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20048.0.html, I was able to use the airport again

I said to check your customizations folder, because you said renaming the folder didn't help. Of course you must ALSO rename the folder, if you have SODE 1.6.4.

WestIandian86

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 08:31:59 am »
I said to check your customizations folder, because you said renaming the folder didn't help. Of course you must ALSO rename the folder, if you have SODE 1.6.4.

Which I did after doing the re-write of the original files; didn't make or download any files for KCLT.

Thanks again.