Author Topic: All FS Dreamteam Product don´t show up in P3Dv4.5  (Read 3940 times)

Lacsa_01

All FS Dreamteam Product don´t show up in P3Dv4.5
« on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:20 pm »
Hi,

some strange thing happened: All installed and active products of FS Dreamteam don´t Show up or something is missing:

GSX v1+v2: it Shows up at start of a scenery or Situation for a few seconds in the "Addon-drop-down-menu" and than it´s gone.

KLAS: Shows only the Ground-textures but no Buildings

KLAX: Shows Nothing, neither the Gound-textures, just nothing

KDFW: only the Ground-textures and the Gates shows up, no buildings

I have de-activated all ORBX without any Change - at least the GSX and the FSDT worked also with ORBX before. I don´t know what is changed.
any ideas?
Many greets
Bob

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:39:31 pm by Lacsa_01 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All FS Dreamteam Product don´t show up in P3Dv4.5
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
GSX v1+v2: it Shows up at start of a scenery or Situation for a few seconds in the "Addon-drop-down-menu" and than it´s gone.

Try this:

- Remove this folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali
%APPDATA%\Virtuali

and REINSTALL GSX. Note that, removing the %APPDATA% folder will remove all your airport and airplane customization so, you might want to move them to a safe place, just in case.

Lacsa_01

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:30:44 pm »
Hello Umberto,

thanks a lot for your idea. I did as you told me twice - the first time after re-installation of GSX at KLAX the GSX and the whole Airport was showing as long as the P3D was loading the GSX-cache, but after the GSX-Cache was loaded the whole airport disapeared as well as the GSX.

So I did the whole procedere once again and the second time the airport was not shown any more like at the first time I did it ...

???

Many greets
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:15:07 pm »
the first time after re-installation of GSX at KLAX the GSX and the whole Airport was showing as long as the P3D was loading the GSX-cache, but after the GSX-Cache was loaded the whole airport disapeared as well as the GSX.

This is interesting, and seems to indicate something has made the program crash at the end of the cache update process. Most likely,  it's one of your .BGL files which is corrupted, like a file with 0-size. Or it might be also the antivirus, that is preventing the cache to be written back, and making the program crash at the end.

Since I guess you cannot open the GSX interface, do this:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

Lacsa_01

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 04:37:17 pm »
Hi Umberto,

so I did as you told me and attached the couatl-log file as txt.

I hope so that you might find the error…

Thanks a lot and many greets
Bob

Lacsa_01

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 05:52:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I think I´ve got it: I deleted the ProgrammData/virtuali once again and de-activated my whole sceneries and started the sim again.

Than I activated one after another and checked every time if the GSX and the KLAX is still there. At least I´ve got the error: it was an old Oslo file from FSX that didn´t realy work in P3D. But it never disturbed before so I don´t know why it was disturbing now.

I just deleted that scenery and now everything works great… ? sometimes even a Computer is only human..hihi…

But many thanks to you and your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a nice time and many greets!!!!

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 11:17:14 am »
Than I activated one after another and checked every time if the GSX and the KLAX is still there. At least I´ve got the error: it was an old Oslo file from FSX that didn´t realy work in P3D. But it never disturbed before so I don´t know why it was disturbing now.

I just deleted that scenery and now everything works great… ?

The file wasn't just not compatible, it was probably corrupted as well. Unless it was something made for FS9, which GSX doesn't support, so this might have caused the crash.