Author Topic: Regarding Progressive Refueling of PMDG 777  (Read 2584 times)

tszchun_anson

Regarding Progressive Refueling of PMDG 777
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:22 am »
Hi,

I followed the manual to set the turn type "CUSTOM". The progressive refueling is successful as expected. However, I noticed that there is a side effect of enabling PMDG's ground operations - the doors will be automatically closed by PMDG. This means, in case I set the turn around time too short, the doors will close even though GSX is still loading the aircraft. Also, when I call for push and start, the process gets stuck and cannot reach "locking the gear" stage unless I enable wheel chock and disable it again (I had already disconnected wheel chock in FS Actions and only left parking brakes set before selecting pushback in GSX menu).

I know this is not related to GSX alone, but I just want to know if there is any setting I can work on on GSX side.

Thanks,
Anson
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:52:17 am by tszchun_anson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Regarding Progressive Refueling of PMDG 777
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:36:35 am »
This means, in case I set the turn around time too short, the doors will close even though GSX is still loading the aircraft

Let's try to see it from a real-life point of view: would you set up a short turnaround time, if you knew you had to load a certain amount of stuff ? I guess the solution here is to simply select a turnaround time which is long enough to allow to do all your ground operations.

Since GSX never, ever, tries to interfere with the airplane system, there's just nothing we could or should do to fix this. It must be done by the airplane developers, because only them can really know about any possible consequences of changing the airplane state.

For example, what would happen to the airplane internal state if we force-open the doors from GSX (which might seem a possible "fix from our side" ), when they should not be open, for example depending on the status of electrics, hydraulics, etc. ? We could easily mess up the whole simulation, and that's why GSX never, ever, tries to change anything on the airplane itself, and it's only *reading* data.

Many developers understood this and, they are doing really nice things, especially with the next update, where the level of integration has been increased quite a bit. But of course, we cannot force anyone to support GSX.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:40:33 am »
Thanks very much! I understand why GSX does not interfere aircraft doors.

I had the exact same thought as yours that, I simply had to set a longer turn around time. Today I just selected turn type <CUSTOM>, the progressive refuelling work perfectly as expected. After the completions of refuelling and the subsequent boarding, the turn around time countdown was still not over.

Then I tried to remove ground power unit but it failed, maybe PMDG did not allow that before the turn time was over. Also all the cargo doors had been opened even though GSX's loading vehicles did not approach CARGO BULK DOOR. May I confirm if this situation was totally normal while nothing can be done in GSX?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:46:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:46:37 am »
Also all the cargo doors had been opened even though GSX's loading vehicles did not approach CARGO BULK DOOR. May I confirm if this situation was totally normal while nothing can be done in GSX?

GSX at this time only supports a maximum of two cargo doors on the right, and one on the left, so the configuration we made for the PMDG 777 set the 2 doors on the right for the passenger version, and adds the main cargo door on the left for the freighter version.

This might eventually be improved in future versions.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 12:08:49 pm »
In your testings, have you ever experienced inability to remove wheel chock before the turn around countdown is over? It appears that if I select short, long or custom as turn type, PMDG does not want/allow me to interfere its auto door management and its own ground equipment (i.e. wheel chock and GPU).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:04:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 02:04:23 pm »
In your testings, have you ever experienced inability to remove wheel chock before the turn around countdown is over? It appears that if I select short, long or custom as turn type, PMDG does not want/allow me to interfere its auto door management and its own ground equipment (i.e. wheel chock and GPU).

It's possible they are enforcing those items when the simulation is running. Nothing we can do about it, we only read a variable and, if that is set in a certain way, either by you or by the airplane, we can only act on its current value.