Author Topic: GSX Sode Jetways Not Removing  (Read 2472 times)

JRCZ97

GSX Sode Jetways Not Removing
« on: June 25, 2019, 01:44:58 am »
Hi, I have a duplication of the default jetways and SODE jetways on my FSX:SE, essentailly the SODE jetways are appearing inside the default FSX jetways. I have restored default jetways in the FSDT Control Panel and that has not solved the issue. I have also tried removing the custom airport files in the Appdata section and that did not solve my issue either.

I've look through this forum and found a few posts that relate to a possible registry issue, but nowhere to show what actually solved the problem.

Any help would be great as I don't want these SODE jetways in my sim, I've not got Level 2 GSX either.

Thanks.

Beat578

Re: GSX Sode Jetways Not Removing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:16:08 am »
Are you on a FSDT Airport? They will always have SODE Jetways, and mabe you have an AI AFCAD that is providing the basic ones.
If you deactivated the Airports in the GSX tool, it should be about everything you have to do. Try to find out wich afcad GSX uses.
I can only think of an AI AFCAD used at a FSDT Airport, that could duplicate the Jetways. Or a strange Airport BGL from a ORBIX Product, that plays into it.
You should also read the ORBIX Forum if you use any product from them together with other airports. But you said it's no add on airport?
Beat578

JRCZ97

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »
It's edited freeware AFCADs but they don't have any custom jetways, they use the default FSX:SE jetways but the SODE ones will randomly appear inside the default ones.

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 08:08:00 am »
Then you probabely have another AFCAD for the same airport from an AI Add on or something. You should search for all  AFCAD Files with the Name of your airport in it. Then turn off all of them except the one you want to use. It sure has to be another Aiport giving you those extra jetways.
Beat578

JRCZ97

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 01:53:51 am »
Looks like I'll just have to live with using the SODE jetways, I kinda wish I could just re-install Level 1 GSX only and not have to update it so I don't have the SODE stuff at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 10:27:19 pm »
Looks like I'll just have to live with using the SODE jetways, I kinda wish I could just re-install Level 1 GSX only and not have to update it so I don't have the SODE stuff at all.

GSX cannot automatically fix whatever conflict between sceneries you have. The jetways only made it obvious, but you want to check this, regardless of jetways.

JRCZ97

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 12:08:33 am »
I've had a test at some airports and it's doing it at airports that I don't even have an AFCAD, for example, I decided to test an airport I've never flown to, UUEE (Moscow Sheremetyevo), I don't have any addons for this airport, it is completely FSX:SE default and SODE jetways are appearing inside the default here.

There must be an AFCAD that is causing it for all airports, but I've no idea how to work that out without removing absolutely everything and adding it all one-by-one and testing, which will take an extremely long time. Surely there must be an easier solution?

Screenshot - http://prntscr.com/o8g4x5
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:25:02 am by JRCZ97 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 12:25:55 am »
Are default jetways disabled in the GSX Control Panel ? Maybe you updated the simulator and haven't noticed the RED message from GSX telling you use the GSX Control Panel to disable default jetways ?

JRCZ97

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 12:40:38 am »
I've just double checked and they are disabled in the FSDT Control Panel.

I have also tried a fresh remove and re-install of GSX and the problem still exists. It's very confusing as to why they are randomly appearing.