Author Topic: secure connection failed  (Read 3773 times)

gsumner

secure connection failed
« on: June 19, 2019, 01:20:03 pm »
Cant download the bunch of files links.

Always get an error. Is there a problem

Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: secure connection failed
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 02:11:08 pm »
Turn off every firewall or antivirus that might interfere with the download.

gsumner

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:40:17 pm »
That's madness my ISP is blocking it!

Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »
Tell your ISP we host our files on Amazon, so it won't make any sense they would block the download. If they'll try to say a defective antivirus they use had detected "dangerous" content, tell them we use the following industry-standard, to prevent false positive detection:

- Our own Authenticode digital signature, to sign all our executables.

- The additional IEEE standard "Taggant" signature for our executables, which is explicitly designed to prevent false positives.

So, from our point of view, we follow all recommended standards to prevent false positive detection but, unfortunately, not all antivirus/firewall software (including the one installed on servers) are able to follow their own recommendations  against false positives.

gsumner

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »
My provider is British Telecom and I'm actually an Amazon prime member and go on Amazon daily. I've tried 3 browsers a tablet and a phone. The only way I can get to the files is through a VPN. I've downloaded from you before many times. Something is against me using those links. I'm puzzled.

Graham

Beat578

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:16:42 am »
Thats really strange I never had a problem with that file in any way. Mabe you could contact Javier Cartayna on he's mail or in the topic, He is really really helpful and mabe there is an option to put it on a dropbox or something.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:46 am »
Just to clarify: are you referring to our installers / updates, or the files shared in this section ? Because, although the link is on this forum, the file itself might be located elsewhere.

If the file is "Attached" to a post, it's located here (but the forum uses a different ISP than our installers or Live Update), but if it's just an URL, it's nothing that has anything to do with our site. Cartayna typically use Microsoft OneDrive, for example.

gsumner

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 01:02:44 pm »
Hi its links on onedrive I can't directly access. Secure connection problems. Updates are all fine.

Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 04:17:58 pm »
Hi its links on onedrive I can't directly access. Secure connection problems. Updates are all fine.

At least, this confirms the problem doesn't have anything to do with our site, and it's just an issue of your ISP blocking OneDrive, for some reason.

gsumner

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 09:10:12 pm »
Yes I believe you are correct

;D