Author Topic: SODE NOT REGISTERED  (Read 2882 times)

XPPED3

SODE NOT REGISTERED
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:21:40 pm »
I have just installed the Justsim EBBR, and the whole SODE system decided to not work, I have moved my p3d file from one drive to another, and I have checked that the SODE both the sode installation and the exe.xml and dll.xml file location is not correct, how can I change the directory?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE NOT REGISTERED
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:10:30 pm »
You cannot move P3D just like that. You must uninstall it and reinstall it, so all its registry keys would be set correctly.

XPPED3

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 12:12:16 am »
I have used the uninstall application to uninstall once, i but it still doesn't work. Do I need to place the GSX folder in the same drive with p3d?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:17:31 am »
I have used the uninstall application to uninstall once, i but it still doesn't work. Do I need to place the GSX folder in the same drive with p3d?

No, you shouldn't install GSX into the same P3D folder. However, maybe it's not clear to you what your problem is:

- Your problem doesn't anything to do with GSX. Nothing you do in GSX will fix this, because the problem is totally unrelated to it

- Your problem is caused by another product that has somehow caused SODE to stop working

- The reason why SODE say it cannot register itself, is because your P3D registry keys are wrong, because you MOVED P3D

- The product you must uninstall/reinstall is P3D, because the P3D registry keys need to be set correctly by its own installer

XPPED3

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:00:03 am »
oh ok, just one last thing, if I don't install p3d in my default C drive, will the SODE register?
thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:43:49 am »
oh ok, just one last thing, if I don't install p3d in my default C drive, will the SODE register?

SODE will works regardless of the location the sim is installed, the problem is not *where* you install it. The problem is that you shouldn't move it AFTER installing it.