Author Topic: Error Message that CTD P3Dv4.5  (Read 1821 times)

dorian

Error Message that CTD P3Dv4.5
« on: June 18, 2019, 06:45:40 am »

Hello,

Attached is an error message that I am getting every time I start P3Dv4.5.  I have uninstalled all of FSDT scenery.  And when I start the game, I get this error message and it crashes to desktop.

I have no idea what went wrong.  Do I have to uninstall all of P3Dv4.5 to get into the game and to keep it from crashing?  I would appreciate anyone's help.

Dorian 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Message that CTD P3Dv4.5
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:35:52 pm »
This cannot normally happen if you uninstalled our products in the proper way (from the Windows Control Panel), since our uninstaller surely removes the FSDT Exclude area from the Scenery Library.

However, if you uninstalled in any other way, or some of your configuration files were corrupted by something else, so our Uninstaller couldn't remove that area, it could cause that but, of course, the easiest solution would be what the sim suggest: unload the area, so the message will go away.

dorian

Re: Error Message that CTD P3Dv4.5
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:08:47 am »
Hello,

Thanks for your help and suggestion. However, I did what the message said and clicked "okay".  Then when I restarted P3Dv4.5, the message came right back.  So what I did is reinstalled all of the scenery and the message went away.

Thank you for your help.

Dorian