Author Topic: Gsx vehicles get ditached!!.  (Read 4128 times)

pepo_paramo

Gsx vehicles get ditached!!.
« on: June 17, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »
Hello guys, hope that someone could help me...In last gsx versions, gsx vehicles use to stay atached to the plane till the pushback moment. Now, once deboarding has finished, cargo vehicles and stairs get detached from the plane untill i call boarding. I waas wondering if there is a way to keep the vehicles atached to the plane untill i call for pushback, even if deboarding has finished. thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx vehicles get ditached!!.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:38:16 pm »
This has been discussed so many times on the forum and, of course, it's made intentionally because in recent versions of GSX, it's now possible to have multiple services running at the same time, so loaders must go back to their starting place, because otherwise they would clash with either the Fuel truck or the Catering vehicle, which you can now call while loading, something you couldn't do before.

pepo_paramo

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 07:46:27 pm »
And is there a way of making them to keep attached to the plane? It don’t mind if I can’t use multiple vehicles at the same time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:30:12 pm »
And is there a way of making them to keep attached to the plane? It don’t mind if I can’t use multiple vehicles at the same time.

Even if you decide not to use multiple service at the same time, GSX cannot possibly know if you will or not so, to reduce the risk of user that DO use multiple service at the same time seeing vehicles stacked on top of each other and assuming GSX has a bug, that change was necessary.

Beat578

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 11:18:57 am »
The coolest thing (but complicated and not important) would be a flag, so if you start a second service that COULD interfere with the Loaders, they drive away, but if you don't they stay in place. But it  would need new variables checking the state of possible interfering services and also the state (position) of the loaders. Don't know if that would slow down the system or even be possible.
Beat578

pepo_paramo

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 04:47:55 pm »
But is unrealistic! even the crew stairs at the back get detached from the aircraft when de-boarding get's finished. There should be an option to make vehicles be atached at the plane the whole time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 06:08:35 pm »
There should be an option to make vehicles be atached at the plane the whole time.

I think I already explained why it's done like that. That "option" you suggest, would have to change back GSX to the way it was, when it was impossible to have multiple services running at the same time, and this required considerable code changes so, making a variable option, would complicate the code a bit, and it would be a wast of time, which we could spend to do more useful features.

pepo_paramo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:21:40 pm »
Even in this new version is not possible to have multiple services running at the same time...for example to use catering services you should wait until all baggage and cargo has been de loaded from the airplane...Is there a way to recover last versions of gsx??

pepo_paramo

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 03:04:10 pm »
How can i get old versions from gsx level 2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »
Even in this new version is not possible to have multiple services running at the same time...

Yes, you can, except in some situations when the same space would be used, so there would be an obvious conflict.

for example to use catering services you should wait until all baggage and cargo has been de loaded from the airplane...I

That's the situation. How else would you imagine it would work in reality, when the rear loader takes exactly the same space of the rear catering ?

is there a way to recover last versions of gsx??

I really don't understand you: you are really saying you would rather have the old version, when you could NOT have simultaneous services under ANY circumstances,  as if it was supposedly "better" than the current one, when you can, except in a few cases ? I really don't understand your logic.

How can i get old versions from gsx level 2?

You can't. The simultaneous services was a feature requested by so many users, for so much time, so it won't be removed. Of course, you are not forced to use it so, just don't, and pretend there are no simultaneous services, as it used to be.

pepo_paramo

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 04:37:16 pm »
Of course I would rather want to have the old version, me and a lot of people more that we agree in te same things. This new version is so unrealistic! You don’t understand me? Ok, I don’t understand why they launched a new version of GSX so unrealistic making the crew back stairs to move away from the plane when deboarding has finished. The rear stairs always stay attached to the plane till the pushback or start up moment in case the crew want to get off the plane or cleaning services have to access the plane. In a turn around flight you will never see loading vehicles to get detached from the aircraft, they will be waiting to get de new loading cargo or baggage. Sorry for that but that’s my opinion and so many others also. This new version is very unrealistic. I really prefer to have the old one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 06:02:48 pm »
Of course I would rather want to have the old version, me and a lot of people more that we agree in te same things.

That lots of user asked for simultaneous services it's a fact. That "a lot" of users would rather not have it JUST to have that insignificant change you are suggesting, it's your unfunded opinion.

This new version is so unrealistic! You don’t understand me? Ok, I don’t understand why they launched a new version of GSX so unrealistic making the crew back stairs to move away from the plane when deboarding has finished. The rear stairs always stay attached to the plane till the pushback or start up moment in case the crew want to get off the plane or cleaning services have to access the plane. In a turn around flight you will never see loading vehicles to get detached from the aircraft, they will be waiting to get de new loading cargo or baggage. Sorry for that but that’s my opinion and so many others also. This new version is very unrealistic. I really prefer to have the old one.

Your are complaining for something really irrelevant, and I found absurd that, just because of this tiny difference, you don't notice how much better GSX works with simultaneous services and all the other improvements. Nobody would want to go back to the old version JUST because of that, and that's a fact.