Author Topic: Airplane Config Not Saving Preferred Exit  (Read 2881 times)

ianj844

Airplane Config Not Saving Preferred Exit
« on: June 10, 2019, 03:04:57 pm »
When you change the preferred exit on an aircraft from the default (lets say 1L to 2L) GSX recognizes this change however upon reboot of P3D it defaults back to the default door (1L).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airplane Config Not Saving Preferred Exit
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 03:03:59 pm »
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this, and nobody else reported it so far. You don't say:

- which airplane you used

- if it's internally supported by GSX, or customized by you from scratch

Check what the airplane customization page says after customizing the airplane and being sure you applied all the changes. Try a "Restart Couatl" command from the menu, which should be the same as restarting the sim, to test if it works.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 10:54:30 pm »
I am trying to do this on the quality wings 787.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:52:16 pm »
Is the problem happening on every airplane you customize ? If yes, that might be caused by another software interfering, like an antivirus, which is mistakenly prevent GSX to write into its own folder inside your user account. Or, it might be a problem with your user account.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder and this folder too:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

- If that doesn't fix it, REMOVE the %APPDATA%\Virtuali and REINSTALL GSX. Be careful that, if you do this, you'll lose every customization you made or downloaded for airplanes and airports so, maybe it might be best to do a backup of this folder first, if you have files there you want to keep.

ianj844

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 02:04:18 am »
I have done exactly as you have recommended and still encounter this issue. Attached you will find my 787-8 gsx.cfg.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 12:04:30 pm »
I have done exactly as you have recommended and still encounter this issue. Attached you will find my 787-8 gsx.cfg.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with your configuration. What happens if you change the preferred exit to 2 manually ( when the sim is not running ) and start it again ?

Also, you haven't replied to my first question. Is the problem happening on every airplane you customize ?

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 12:29:00 am »
Sorry I am just now seeing this reply. Changing the config to 1 or 2 has no effect.

This happens on all aircraft I have tested except for the PMDG 777.

The only thing that sets the 777 apart from what I can see it that the configuration window shows the GSX Internal Database as an option but says its reading from the user customized file.

Is it possible it is reading the exit from the database and not the file and the issue I am having is that if there is no database entry for the aircraft the exit is set to 0 rather than reading from the file?

Also you say set it to 2 but from what I can tell with changing config files the 1L door is saved as 0 and the 2L door is saved as 1
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:32:22 am by ianj844 »

ianj844

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 12:39:36 am »
I have discovered if I set the preferredexit to 3 in the gsx.cfg file it does recognize the 4L door as the primary exit after a restart but no mater whether I set it to 1 or 2 I cannot get it to set the 2L door as the preferredexit after a restart.

Virtual Captain

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 02:55:04 am »
Do you have the "Assitance services Auto Mode" enabled by any chance? Thats the option where GSX automates the whole process for you after you select board/deboard.

I ask because when I tried that option it kept defaulting to the 1L door despite the fact that 2L was set as the preferred exit (PMDG 747). I stopped using that method because of that (forgot to report it). In the default/regular mode, GSX recognized the preferred door.

ianj844

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 04:10:09 pm »
Do you have the "Assitance services Auto Mode" enabled by any chance? Thats the option where GSX automates the whole process for you after you select board/deboard.

I ask because when I tried that option it kept defaulting to the 1L door despite the fact that 2L was set as the preferred exit (PMDG 747). I stopped using that method because of that (forgot to report it). In the default/regular mode, GSX recognized the preferred door.

Nope I have that disabled.