Author Topic: CS757  (Read 5033 times)

goose66

CS757
« on: June 05, 2019, 02:51:27 am »
Just a week ago, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled GSX.  I have zero CS757 entries in my %appdata%\virtuali\gsx\airplanes folder.  All that is there currently are three folders for the Maddogx and variants.  Any ideas?
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CS757
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:27:51 am »
You are not supposed to have any files for an airplane in the %APPDATA% folder, they will start to appear only after you create a configuration for an unsupported airplane, or modify an existing configuration.

goose66

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:31:18 am »
You are not supposed to have any files for an airplane in the %APPDATA% folder, they will start to appear only after you create a configuration for an unsupported airplane, or modify an existing configuration.
OK, it has been said here that the CS757 has native GSX support, not sure what that means.  However on my system the stairs roll up and set the platform about halfway up the door.  That does not seem "native".  So how is that fixed?

I have Maddog files in the Virtuali folder, but have never tweaked anything or created anything....very confusing
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 09:37:39 am »
OK, it has been said here that the CS757 has native GSX support, not sure what that means.  However on my system the stairs roll up and set the platform about halfway up the door.  That does not seem "native".  So how is that fixed?

It means it's supported by GSX without having to create a configuration for it. However, GSX recognizes an airplane based on its main folder, and the GSX internal database recognized the Captain Sim 757 if it's located in one of these folders:

CS_B757-200
CS_B757-200F

If another variant has been released and it's placed in a different folder, GSX will not recognize it, so it must be configured as if it were a new airplane. otherwise nothing will work correctly.

This was already explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13045.msg97759.html#msg97759

have Maddog files in the Virtuali folder, but have never tweaked anything or created anything....very confusing

Sure you have, otherwise the file wouldn't be there.

goose66

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 06:35:58 pm »

It means it's supported by GSX without having to create a configuration for it. However, GSX recognizes an airplane based on its main folder, and the GSX internal database recognized the Captain Sim 757 if it's located in one of these folders:

CS_B757-200
CS_B757-200F

If another variant has been released and it's placed in a different folder, GSX will not recognize it, so it must be configured as if it were a new airplane. otherwise nothing will work correctly.

This was already explained here:

have Maddog files in the Virtuali folder, but have never tweaked anything or created anything....very confusing

Sure you have, otherwise the file wouldn't be there.

No I haven't.  I did not even realize that the configure airplane mode was there.  I don't wiilly nilly run around pushing buttons and seeing what happens.  In fact I keep notes on every new action I take in the sim so I can tell what I did and when.  To this very day I have never opened the aircraft configuration area because I don't understand it.  Also I exclusively fly the md83, never loaded any other maddog plane and I have gsx config folders for three variants. 

Mark AAL3 VP-HR

goose66

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 08:57:12 pm »
Now this really pisses me off.  You make an offhanded, condenscending remark regarding my comment on the Leonardo folders in Virtuali existing even though I never used the aircraft configurator "you must have otherwise they wouldn't be there"....yet on this post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19343.msg135263.html#msg135263
YOU tell everyone
you must remove *every* GSX.CFG file, including the one supplied by Leonardo

So YOU knew those files were present in Virtualli\aircraft yet attempted to make out a paying client to be stupid.  You really need to take a lesson on customer support.  We are supporting you with our purchases.  Period end of discussion.  However support goes both ways and trying to prove you are smarter than your clients is not the way to do it, especially when someone takes notes.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:51:23 pm »
263YOU tell everyone
you must remove *every* GSX.CFG file, including the one supplied by Leonardo

That post is 6 months old. Leonardo made several updates to their product, and I think they have either updated the GSX configuration supplied with GSX, or they might even removed it altogether, since it's no longer required, now that GSX comes with support for the Leonardo MD80 natively.

However, this applies ONLY to a GSX.CFG file located in the airplane own folder, because this is where airplane developers put their files so, my comment about removing the files made by Leonardo was only related to THAT folder.

But if you have a GSX.CFG for any airplane in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folders, it means YOU MADE IT, because you opened the GSX airplane configuration and made even a small change. This could have happened even during a previous install of the sim because, obviously, we never uninstall any files you made so, even if you uninstalled/reinstalled the whole sim and uninstalled/reinstalled GSX, any custom configuration under the %APPDATA% folder, which is there only because YOU made it, would still be there untouched.

So, again:

- If a GSX.CFG configuration is found under the airplane own folder ( Simobjects\AIRPLANE ), it's made by the airplane developer

- If a GSX.CFG configuration is found under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder, it's because you used the GSX airplane configuration page and made any changes to it. And it will survive a GSX uninstall/reinstall and a simulator uninstall\reinstall, so if you have it, you surely did that, maybe in a previous installation and forget about it.

Regardless of the above, GSX now comes with its own configuration (in the GSX internal database, so you won't find or need a GSX.CFG file), so there's no need for a GSX.CFG file anymore but, since the external GSX.CFG files have an higher priority over the GSX internal database, which is what allows you to further customize an already supported airplane, if any of these file is "wrong", usually because it was made BEFORE we added internal support for the airplane, the GSX internal configuration won't be used, so anything might happen, depending on who made that file.

Of course, the GSX airplane configuration will TELL YOU from which source GSX is taking its data from a loaded airplane, so you won't be confused about what GSX is using so, just open it, and see from where the configuration is coming from. For a fully supported airplane like the Leonardo MD80, you want to see the "Internal data" indication on the airplane configuration window.

About the CS 757, please read my previous reply, GSX supports only the -200 version, because that was the only version available when we made the GSX support for it. The thread I linked in my previous reply, contained all the information you needed to understand the issue:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:54:13 pm by virtuali »