Author Topic: A few small requests for a future version  (Read 2771 times)

p3dx3

A few small requests for a future version
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:47:50 am »
1. Option to remove the "ice warning do not start until pushback complete" I have not heard of this being a thing before.

2. Option to remove the "just warp me there" I do not want to click this accidentally and would like to not have that in the list as an option when selecting a stand on arrival

3. A refuel only setting where just the air stairs connects to your aircraft and you can get refueling, to simulate tech stops some airlines use where no cargo is loaded/unloaded and only a crew change

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few small requests for a future version
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:27 pm »
1. Option to remove the "ice warning do not start until pushback complete" I have not heard of this being a thing before.

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/push-and-start-when-do-i-start/125648/19
This might be wrong, but I heard for the a320 series you start while pushing, unless its de-icing conditions, then you start after push is finished.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=735093#p10607009
in wintertime we always asked the pilot to wait with engine start until pushback was completed. This is due to that if it's slippery on the ramp, you can be in for a not so nice surprise.

This is to prevent the plane idle trust to cause problems to the pushback truck on a slippery apron.

2. Option to remove the "just warp me there" I do not want to click this accidentally and would like to not have that in the list as an option when selecting a stand on arrival

Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense asking to remove a feature, just because you might accidentally click it. Instead, it's an useful suggestion to add it to the gate as well.

3. A refuel only setting where just the air stairs connects to your aircraft and you can get refueling, to simulate tech stops some airlines use where no cargo is loaded/unloaded and only a crew change

That's exactly what will happen if you just select Refuel, without Boarding/Deboarding.

mashmanz

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 03:42:23 am »
Hi,

A good feature that would be great to see is the option to choose between using stairs or jetways at jetway enabled gate positions because some European airlines use stairs at gates with jetways.

Regards

Matthew

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 04:42:54 pm »
A check box in the options to remove the "just warp me there" options is my suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:23:55 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 12:07:41 am »

That's exactly what will happen if you just select Refuel, without Boarding/Deboarding.

Selected re-fueling only on arrival, airstairs do not connect to my door.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:04:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:50 am »
Selected re-fueling only on arrival, airstairs do not connect to my door.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted the ability to refuel only, without doing anything else. Now I see you wanted to do refueling WITH stairs, and still not doing anything else. We'll see about that.