Author Topic: KLAS Cluster Bleep  (Read 5975 times)

hardwater

KLAS Cluster Bleep
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:08:34 pm »
Ok I have KLAS

It was working fine and then I would get the intermittent Buildings disappearing. Now they never show and the couatl engine doesn't start, the add on manager doesn't show. So I tried to reinstall via the reg key nothing. Tried installing the add on mgr alone, nothing. Tried to start couatl via right click admin and then FSX nothing. Now tried a fresh install after a reg clean and uninstall. Nothing.  Tried default aircraft other aircraft I mean it is getting frustrating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS Cluster Bleep
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:13:43 pm »
Try to reset the trusting section for both files.

- Open FSX.CFG in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, and look for the [Trusted] section.

- Find all the references to bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe, and remove all the lines (the whole line) that contains such references.

- Save the file

- Uninstall KLAS and reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine.

- Go to your FSX folder and check you don't have any fsdreamteam\Couatl folder still inside. If you have, remove it

- Remove bglmanx*.* files (1 .DLL and 3 .DAT files) from your FSX root folder

- Reboot Windows

- Reinstall KLAS.

- Launch FSX and check it IS asking permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to all questions.

- Don't worry if they don't run at the first try, just exit from FSX and try again. Eventually, reboot Windows again between tries.

hardwater

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:40:58 pm »
Ok I followed that to a T but when I start up FSX it does ask me for permission for the bglmanx and for couatl but after that it doesn't show in the menu and there are still no buildings. I am on Vista 64 , I even tried rebuilding the fsx.cfg and making sure after the uninstall there were no left over files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:47:06 pm »
As I've said, don't worry if they don't appear at the first launch, just after you trusted them both.

It might take 1 or 2 launches to finally work and, sometimes, you might have to reboot Windows.

If still doesn't work, you might start trying to check the Antivirus, it might be useful to exclude the FSX root folder (with subfolders), from scanning.

hardwater

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 11:10:34 pm »
It doesn't start after 3 reboots and 8 attempts to start FSX in between reboots. I completely removed all of my firewall and AV for the time being. I've tried different aircraft at different airports and then moved to klas hoping it would load but noda. Couatl is not running in task manager to after I loaded up and went to KLAS. Also I have tried to install the add on mgr seperate .

hardwater

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:07:06 pm »
You know this couatl thing is a piece of crap. I understand your issues with piracy and so forth and I so want to buy more of your sceneries with the sale and all. But I did a complete reinstall of my OS , reinstalled everything and KLAS fired up fine for the first 2 times and now my buildings are gone and couatl isn't showing in the meny but add on mgr is.

So how does this happen on essentially 2 different OS installations. It's a piece of crap it's a hassle and quite frankly. Another thing that is wrong is the fact that my reply sat unanswered for 3 days. Seems like this measure to reduce piracy is costing you customers and increasing your support time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:32:24 pm »
First, you are wrong assuming that Couatl is only needed to control piracy. The Couatl engine it used for the ParkMe and YouControl feature and OF COURSE, since its main advantage (being an external executable) is that is not running on the main FSX process, but instead is using the free CPU cycles you should have with multi-core machine, we are ALSO using to get even better fps, use it to display the main buildings as well which, as everybody knows, we draw using our own engine instead of BGL, so we can have features other scenery are missing, like LOD on all objects, precise distance control to optimize fps, etc.

And, you shouldn't use expressions like "piece of crap". The program works perfectly for most users, when it doesn't work, it's always something missing in the user's machine.

In this case, we found that a needed Microsoft hotfix wasn't installed, probably because not being updated with Windows Update, because the fix was published a couple of weeks ago so, it was discussed already in this very section of the forum and, as can cleary seen by simply reading all the messages, applying this fix has solved the issue of missing buildings at KLAS for ALL user that reported it, that's why your message wasn't immediately replied to (which is something that, as can be *easiliy* demontrated, we always do), I just assumed that you already checked the other thread, because it was discussing the same issue. It's always better to check the forum first for similar issues, because the answer might already been given there.

So, as explained in the other thread, try the following:

- Download this update from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Use the vcredist_x86.exe file

- Just to be sure you have the current version of everything, AFTER you have KLAS installed (this IS important), download and install also the latest version of the Addon Manager, here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

Please, do BOTH things exactly as I've said, even if you installed the stand-alone Addon Manager recently please, download it again and reinstall it because, if you install the MS fix above, you also need the very latest version of it, which has been updated yesterday, when we found that it was the missing MS hotfix that created the problem in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:37:41 pm by virtuali »