Author Topic: GSX Couatl Issue  (Read 2168 times)

dfehr24

GSX Couatl Issue
« on: May 27, 2019, 06:14:06 am »
I installed GSX for my FSX:SE and I have not been able to get it to work due to a message from Couatl saying it needs to restart. It will then ask me to look at the error log and the whole process starts again. I have the addon manager and I only have FSX:SE, not the original FSX. Any help will be appreciated.

This is what the error log says:

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon

I have included 3 screenshots of the issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 02:02:40 pm »
Are you using a GSX customization file you made or downloaded for that airport ?

dfehr24

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:21:51 pm »
Thanks for reaching out, virtuali.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I haven't customized GSX in any way, I have only downloaded it. At one point I thought the HD airports add-on was the problem, but when I disabled it GSX still had the same issue. By "customization file" do you mean maybe the paint editor for GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:23 am »
A customization file for an airport it's an .INI file that has a name which begins with the airport icao, and it's located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

Some airport designers also supply GSX configuration files with their scenery, in their own scenery folder, together with the other .BGLs of the scenery.

dfehr24

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 03:38:28 pm »
I found the file you were talking about, but it appears the GSX file is empty.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 12:33:47 am »
I found the file you were talking about, but it appears the GSX file is empty.

Then it's likely you have a problem with your FSX.CFG missing the lines required for GSX to find its objects. They are added by the installer, have you tried reinstalling GSX ? Have you see any errors while installing ?

dfehr24

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 01:06:08 am »
I have re-installed it, there was an error at one point. I do not recall what it was. I can try again and see if the error comes back. How do I un-install GSX? Just delete the download file?