Author Topic: GSX Jetways  (Read 4468 times)

asanal

GSX Jetways
« on: May 26, 2019, 05:45:41 am »
I purchased GSX Extension 2 and installed it.  I started Sim P3D. Many stand alone Jetway appeared .
How can I solve this problem
Thanks Ahmet Sanal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Jetways
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:33 am »
Whenever you find something duplicated in a scenery or default objects mixed with the airport, or misplaced jetways it's never a problem of GSX, and it's always a problem of a duplicated AFCAD or another scenery in conflict.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner program to search for duplicates AFCADs:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/

asanal

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:52:40 am »
Thanks for airport scanner link. I  downloaded and installed , unfortunately didn't work. All info-lines  were gray. It looks like Scanner didn't  communicate with P3D.

1 I un installed GSX Level 2, hopping I can regain default Jeyways. No didn't happened

2- UN installed GSX base, still all jetways there.

It looks like I canot solve this problem. I believe , GSX Level 2, it did changed the Jetways in AFCAD. NO way I can recover the files.

I am going to start all over again. I will delete all P3D files and reinstall P3D and All-Add-ones again

I wish you and your team many success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 02:05:17 am »
It looks like I canot solve this problem. I believe , GSX Level 2, it did changed the Jetways in AFCAD. NO way I can recover the files.

No, it hasn't. That's not how GSX works. GSX only removes the DEFAULT jetway model and places its own jetways on sceneries that use the default jetway model.

So, the real problem is GSX is reading an AFCAD from a scenery that use default jetways, so it's correct trying to replace them. But then you have another file, with other jetways in different positions, that's the scenery conflict, since you have two files for the same airport.

Another possible reason is, GSX is reading the default scenery, because your other files is not self-contained. Or it might been rejected by GSX for some reason. Check the name of the ACAD used by GSX in the scenery customization page.

asanal

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 03:22:32 am »
"Check the name of the ACAD used by GSX in the scenery customization page."

1- Where shall I find them?

2- I reinstall GSXLevel 2,. I started P3D . Add-ons I selected SODE 1.6.3<Reload ALL. In one second   default  Jetways  disepared (I am happy) Then Default  GSX Jetways appeared again 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 02:04:54 pm »
"Check the name of the ACAD used by GSX in the scenery customization page."

1- Where shall I find them?

As I've said, in the scenery customization page. In GSX, of course, which can be accessed by selecting the "Customize airport positions" menu under the GSX main menu.

asanal

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 06:53:01 pm »
OK.. I managed to go "Scenery customization page  in (%AppData>Roaming>Virtuali>GSX select
KEWR-mzxo3z.ini)

I opened the file:
[general]
afcad_path = C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0302\scenery\APX28170.bgl

[gate 68]
nopassengerstairs = 0
nopassengerbus = 0
ignoreicaoprefixes = 1
ignorepreferredexit = 0
parkingsystem = 1
hasjetway = 1
pushback = 3
pushbacklabels = Nose Right/Tail Left (LEFT)|Nose Left/Tail Right (RIGHT)
maxwingspan = 72.0
radiusleft = 36.0
radiusright = 28.8
loadertype = 3 3 2
airlinecodes = TWA
jetwayairlinecode = TWA
type = 10
jetway_pos = 40.6917517259717 -74.1750776767731 339.609375
jetway_simtitle = FSDT_TB3_STANDARD_RP_39_19
jetway_name = DEFAULT Jetway
jetway_linkedsimobjectsmask = 15
jetway_staticlinkedsimobjectsmask = 0
jetway_logo = FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_5_LOGO_UA
jetway_gate_number_text = 68
jetway_gate_number_font_name = Arial
jetway_gate_number_font_size = 36
jetway_gate_number_font_color = 240,245,255,255
jetway_gate_number_bg_color = 0,60,125,255
jetway_gate_number_font_weight = 700
jetway_gate_number_font_style = 0
jetway_gate_number_font_stretch = 5
usercustomized = 1

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:29:47 pm by asanal »

asanal

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 08:28:33 pm »
I solved the PROBLEM.

I upgraded SODE to v.1.6.4

It  eliminated free standing Jetways, but replaced with   BIG   Orange X every Free Standing Jetway locations.

so, problem  must be SODE communication with GSX.
I uninstalled SODE.

I started P3D  SIM. All  Free standing Jetways eliminated.  GSX working well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:30:26 pm by asanal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 10:30:59 am »
It  eliminated free standing Jetways, but replaced with   BIG   Orange X every Free Standing Jetway locations.

The X sign it's a message from SODE when a scenery that uses SODE to create jetways or other objects has a problem for some reason, usually caused by a missing objects, which indicates an install problem of THAT scenery.

However, GSX/SODE jetways are not handled entirely by SODE (they are, but only the moment they are activated) and, instead, are created by GSX so, if there was a problem with them, you'll see a different error from GSX, but not the RED/ORANGE X from SODE, which instead indicates that SODE couldn't find an object it was supposed to create itself.