Author Topic: GSXv2 not working with PMDG 747-8 (much sadness)  (Read 2203 times)

WictorWictor

GSXv2 not working with PMDG 747-8 (much sadness)
« on: May 16, 2019, 06:46:42 am »
Hello,

I am using P3Dv4.5 and have run the FSDT Live Update. Saw the cache regenerating cache message after loading the game as well.

Just bought this plane from PMDG, and have tried to see pax boarding at different airports such as EDDF and LEBL with not avail. For example, I just tried gate 217 at Aerosoft's LEBL. It says that passengers unload, but none of the models can be seen walking in or out.

A second question would be whether it is possible to load/unload pax from both the jetway and ladder at the same time? If not possible, which one gets picked?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:48:53 am by WictorWictor »

WictorWictor

Re: GSXv2 not working with PMDG 747-8 (much sadness)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 07:49:25 am »
Update: I apparently had to install SODE jetways for Aerosoft's LEBL. If someone else runs into this, you can find the fix here: http://www.sim-wings.com/SUPPORT_SODE.htm

1. The thing I don't understand though, is why loading through the ladder did not work, when GSXv2 detected that I did not have SODE jetways enabled for the gate/airport I was at?

2. Will loading through the ladder always work if I just dont try it at a gate that has a jetway, and is large enough for the aircraft?

Beat578

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:55:46 am »
First Question: Did you read the manual first? Did you replaced the jetways with SODE jetways or downloaded one of the available CONFIG files from the download section? Because passengers can only be seen with sode jetways. There are several topics in here about this. GSX does not work just with installing it, it's important to understand how it works and read the topics in the Manual first.

As far as i know, if you have 2 exit on your plane, passengers would go out on both. But i am not sure if you can mix them, so you have a bus and a jetway at the same parking the same time. It sounds not very realistic, so probabely it would not work. But i am sure that Umberto can answer that question for you.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:22:17 am »
If the parking has a jetway (SODE, of course), passengers will only use that one. Stairs will only be used by passengers if there's no jetway of any kind, so the parking is in the open and a Bus will came, since passengers needs BOTH a Bus AND Stairs to be visible.

The ladder in the back is never user by passengers in reality (maybe only in special case, if the jetway doesn't work), it's used only by the cleaning crew, which we might add with a future update, and is not even used in all airports.

WictorWictor

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:10:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

With so many airports not having SODE, it would be nice if we could resort to stairs in situations where GSX detects that (1) SODE is not enabled, (2) jetways have not been moved from default position. After a 2-10 hour flight it is gratifying to see everyone deboarding.

I'm also having issues with the pmdg 747-8, in terms of being told the parking space is too small. I try to pick Large gates, but that doesn't seem sufficient at times. Is there a trick to being able to see which gates will support a plane of this size beforehand? It takes a long time to load up the sim, and PMDG is finecky about resetting positions, so getting it right the first time around would be time saving.

One last issue I wanted to bring up is that only one bus at a time comes to unload pax, and the next one doesn't seem to come until the first one finishes. If you also take into account a parking spot slightly further away from the terminal, this makes it take ages to fill a plane of 400+ pax. I even tried setting pax speed to the second most dense setting. If you can, try testing loading at Aerosoft's EDDF at gate S604. It took so long I gave up and reset GSX. I think it would be realistic for a large airport like that to have more than one bus sent out at a time. Maybe a slider for bus count?

I also wanted to thank you for this addon! When it works, it is frickin awesome =) I especially loved the way you can see GSX pax loading in through the pmdg 747-8 video.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 07:48:29 pm »
With so many airports not having SODE, it would be nice if we could resort to stairs in situations where GSX detects that (1) SODE is not enabled, (2) jetways have not been moved from default position.

One of the main features of GSX L2 is that you can replace old jetways with SODE jetways, without requiring any work by the original scenery developer. If you don't want to do it yourself, there are plenty of pre-made files made by other users.

Look in the sharing sub-section of the GSX forum and check the post from user Cartayna, who made and shared dozens of customization files for many popular airports.