Author Topic: Problem with restart of FSX  (Read 4465 times)

Jamaika

Problem with restart of FSX
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:53:47 am »
Ask for advice
have recently the problem that when I finish FSX and then restart the then GSX no longer loads, only after a restart of windows and restart after FSX everything works as usual.
Have I reinstalled Addon Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with restart of FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:18 am »
Be sure you allow enough time for the sim to shutdown completely. This can happen several (or many, depending how much overloaded your FSX install is ) seconds later, well after the icon on the taskbar has closed.

You can use the GSX Control Panel while the sim is running, and check the button which says "Waiting for the sim to close", to get an idea how much it takes for the sim to *really* quit and close all the started add-ons.

If you restart FSX when it's still not completely closed, it's likely GSX won't start on the next session, because the Couatl program is still open from the previous session. You can check this on the Task manager: if you still see a Couatl.exe running, Terminate it, so you can restart FSX without restarting Windows.

Jamaika

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 03:35:02 pm »
sorry but also the wait brings no change, GSX have now reinstalled again but still the same problem must reboot windows every time then everything works as usual, if I just finish FSX and later start again missing GSX ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:30:05 pm »
sorry but also the wait brings no change, GSX have now reinstalled again but still the same problem must reboot windows every time then everything works as usual, if I just finish FSX and later start again missing GSX ??

I'll repeat again the relevant part of my previous reply: you can check this on the Task manager: if you still see a Couatl.exe running, Terminate it, so you can restart FSX without restarting Windows.

Have you checked with the Task Manager to confirm this is what really happened when exiting the simulator ?

Jamaika

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 03:51:02 pm »
Yes I have, that's not the problem

Jamaika

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 03:53:19 pm »
everything went well before then but maybe it has to do with the new updates of windows 10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »
everything went well before then but maybe it has to do with the new updates of windows 10

No, otherwise it would happen to everybody that updated Windows. Do you have other addons that runs as .EXE files in the Task Manager that don't close properly when you exit the sim ?

Jamaika

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:59 pm »
ich werde das überprüfen und mich nochmal melden.....
aber jetzt habe ich ein neues Problem beim erstellen von Exclude siehe Screenshot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 04:48:38 pm »
ich werde das überprüfen und mich nochmal melden.....
aber jetzt habe ich ein neues Problem beim erstellen von Exclude siehe Screenshot

Why you started writing in German ? This forum is English only, and I don't understand German, sorry.

In any case, instead of that screenshot, you should have done what the message asked to do: open the error log to see error details, which could be helpful understanding what's happening.

Jamaika

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:58 am »
oh sorry first time for German was a provided ............
I think I have recognized the problem, the Guatl Exe runs after quitting in the background and when I close this manually with the Task Manager everything runs normally, but why does the Guatl exe not tell by itself?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:34 am »
I think I have recognized the problem, the Guatl Exe runs after quitting in the background and when I close this manually with the Task Manager everything runs normally

That's precisely what I said before and asked to check!

but why does the Guatl exe not tell by itself?

It's surely does, if you allow enough time to quit the sim and don't re-open it too quickly. Ready my previous reply, in which I explained this.

Jamaika

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 04:48:35 pm »
runs permanently in the background and does not close after one hour? So I have to use the Guatl scripting engine for FS. Exe always manually terminate by Task Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:46 pm »
runs permanently in the background and does not close after one hour? So I have to use the Guatl scripting engine for FS. Exe always manually terminate by Task Manager?

I don't fully understand you. As I've said, it's not normal it wouldn't close automatically, the most you'll have to wait is probably 20-30 seconds, so there's clearly something wrong in your system.

Are you able to test without any other add-ons installed ? Especially addons that have their own modules under the "Addons" menu of the simulator.

Jamaika

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »
reinstalling is too time consuming for me otherwise everything works, thanks for the help
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:31:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 12:30:56 am »
reinstalling is too time consuming for me otherwise everything works, thanks for the help

Nowhere I said you had to reinstall anything. You only had to *TEMPORARILY* disable all add-ons just as a test, by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> in the DLL.XML and/or EXE.XML files of the sim.