Author Topic: COATL Crashes on loading at LSZH  (Read 6730 times)

FOD

COATL Crashes on loading at LSZH
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:45:47 pm »
I run GSX level2 with FSX SE Standalone and P3DV4.5 [use both a I beta test for an airliner developer] Yesterday when starting P3D, I was asked to update the AOM. I updated then tested both simulators. P3D was ok but FSX had problems - GSX loaded ok at all other airfields but when loading at LSZH COATL crashed with the usual message to re-download the AOM.

So far I have reinstalled the AOM several times and done a complete uninstall/reinstall of GSX - all with no change. The error message at the end of the Log File is  always the same:

"Loading airport LSZH from G:\FS Store\FSX Working\Utilities\GSXOLD\Addon Manager\FSdreamteam\ZurichX\scenery\APX_LSZH.BGL
Using airport customization from GSX.airports.lszh_fsdt
Deleted Menu SubItem (parentId 82, id 99)
Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 82, id 99)
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SafeDock3_lsupport_off'
{'Airport': 'LSZH', 'User Pos': (47.44615182282978, 8.557894974946974, 433.041 m, 1.14757 m, 243.75587459653607)}"

V grateful for any hekp

Many thanks

FOD

Re: COATL Crashes on loading at LSZH
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 01:24:58 pm »
Resolved - and details for anyone else who doesn't know the full extent of GSX' installation.

As both simulators point to the same GSX location I could not understand why one should crash and not the other. So I did a search of my C drive and found the folder C:programdata\virtuali\ Coatl\ containing separate folder for FSX and P3d. I deleted the FSX folder, reran the AOM setup, started FSX and, Eureka!, it loaded perfectly at a gate at LSZH.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:34:13 am »
As both simulators point to the same GSX location I could not understand why one should crash and not the other. So I did a search of my C drive and found the folder C:programdata\virtuali\ Coatl\ containing separate folder for FSX and P3d. I deleted the FSX folder, reran the AOM setup, started FSX and, Eureka!, it loaded perfectly at a gate at LSZH.

From your previous error log, it rather seems the problem was caused by having moved the scenery installation to a different place after the installation, either manually, or with some kind of utility.

This will never work, since our installer sets a registry key for the FSDT root folder ( so you won't mistakenly install two or more different FSDT products in different places ) and this must match the actual installation folder, and all FSDT products must match it as well, which will always happen if you don't move them and always use our installers.

While you have the complete freedom to install FSDT everywhere, they MUST stay all in the same folder, and this MUST be shared (which of course it's best ) if you have both FSX and P3D installed. Anything else won't work.

To recap:

- there must be only ONE FSDT folder in your system, with all FSDT products for all supported simulators

- there's a registry key set by the installer, which all products will read, and it MUST match the installation folder.

- If you want to "move" an FSDT product, it MUST be moved together with all the others. Under no circumstances you can have different FSDT products under different root folders.

- If you want to move an complete install (which is the only thing you can move ), you MUST do it this way:

uninstall everything and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", which will clear the registry key and allow you to reinstall everywhere on the next try.

FOD

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 04:42:34 pm »
Umberto

I suspect that might have been the problem with my first post - so many thanks for your response and the extra details.

John