Author Topic: GSX is not a valid Win32 application Error Code 193  (Read 2100 times)

Alpin75

GSX is not a valid Win32 application Error Code 193
« on: May 10, 2019, 09:49:37 am »
Hi,

After a long time, I tried to load GSX to my Pc. However I got above error. I read the forums but couldnt find a solution.
Awaiting your comments
Regards
Alp Dayaniklioglu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is not a valid Win32 application Error Code 193
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:30:03 am »
The problem is likely caused by your antivirus, that has corrupted the executable by trying to "heal" it from a non-existent threat. Exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning in the antivirus settings, and reinstall.

Alpin75

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:34:13 am »
Thanks for your reply. As a matter of fact there is no Antivirus program. I formatted the pc and didnt install antivirus program yet. Is there any other reason? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 10:51:37 am »
Thanks for your reply. As a matter of fact there is no Antivirus program. I formatted the pc and didnt install antivirus program yet. Is there any other reason? 

Then you cannot discount the chance a real virus did the same thing. And, are you sure you don't have any antivirus, not even the default Windows Defender ?

Alpin75

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:03:24 am »
Can this file downloaded be corrupted file ? as in forums if you receive such error it is corrupted file.

Alpin75

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 06:05:33 pm »
Anyone has another idea what might the problem be? I closed all windows firewall and virus problems but ı have the same error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 11:58:15 am »
If you got a corrupted download, the installer wouldn't be able to proceed, since it has self integrity checks, and you'll see a totally different error, clearly indicating the installer was corrupted.

The only possible reason why you can see the "not valid Win32 application" error, is because the antivirus has corrupted the file locally. Or, of course, if you really don't have any antivirus, as you said, a real virus might have done the same.