Author Topic: P3D 4.5 ORBX iceland BIKF  (Read 2618 times)

MARENOSTRUM

P3D 4.5 ORBX iceland BIKF
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:05 am »
I had to reinstall P3D 4.5 client after the Office 64 bit update.
All is fine now...but I noticed this in BIKF.

I tried to reinstall GSX lev 2
But still the same.

How to proceed?

Thank you,
Stefano

Beat578

Re: P3D 4.5 ORBX iceland BIKF
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:31:46 am »
Mabe this could be of help, because your screenshots look about the same...
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20591.0.html
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:33:08 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX L2. In fact, the GSX L2 customization is the only thing that shows, since looking at your screenshot, it seems the OrbX scenery had disappeared, and went back to default, leaving only the GSX L2 customization you had before reinstalling.

So, your question should be directed to OrbX support, asking why after a reinstall of the sim, the scenery disappeared.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 11:06:27 am »
Thank you!

But where is the ADE product I need to repair the bug?
Do I have to buy it? is it in the GSX package?
I am unable to find it in my computer

Thank you
Stefano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:16:18 am »
But where is the ADE product I need to repair the bug?

ADE is freeware, but if you don't know what you are doing, it's best asking for support. It's called Airport Design Editor, and the website has an additional utility to find conflicts, called Simple Airport Scanner.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 11:46:02 am »
I did some steps.
I understood...but I do not want to repair a mess made by someonelse...either if it is ORBX or P3D or GSX.

Is there a fastest way by changing the  .ini file of GSX and telling him which .bgl files has to look at (I noticed it is pointing to the default .bgl file) and telling it where is the .bgl made by  orbx?

If it is not enough I will disable jetways.

Thank you.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 12:13:25 pm »
I did it...
Solved in some way.
The link has been usefull..but for sure it is not an standard problem solution

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »
Is there a fastest way by changing the  .ini file of GSX and telling him which .bgl files has to look at (I noticed it is pointing to the default .bgl file) and telling it where is the .bgl made by  orbx?

You still don't understand. As I've said, several times by now, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, the problem is you see the default scenery showing up, instead of the OrbX scenery.

You cannot just change the .INI file to "point" to a .BGL, the .INI file is not "pointing" at anything, the name of the .BGL is to prevent the .INI file to be used when there's another .BGL active, not the other way around.

So, the issue is that GSX IS using the OrbX AFCAD, that's why the .INI loads jetways that doesn't seem in the correct place because...the OrbX scenery is not loading for some reason, and you have the default instead.

So, again, your should understand why the OrbX scenery doesn't show and, as I've said several times by now, this cannot possibly be caused by GSX, which is fact is thinking the OrbX scenery *should* work, otherwise it wouldn't try to load the customization you made for it before.

MARENOSTRUM

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »
We replied at the same time...as I wrote. Solved...and yes...I understand it is not a GSX issue.

It is due to the complexity of the environment that is the flight sim world...where to "plug and play" not always works.

Thank you for your support.