Author Topic: crash report KFLL  (Read 7337 times)

skimmer

crash report KFLL
« on: August 06, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »
A posting here about repeated crashes on rwy27 had me testing it at time of posting with no crash but today the same thing happened to me.Same area . Nothing there to crash into but all of a sudden during taxi,crashed into the air and that was end of that.I tryed shuting down FSX and restart but it did it again. I have two addon airports not made by FSDT and UT2 by flight1 also ai carriers1, I will try removing things one at a time to see if that helps. Thing is all that was on before when I tested and result was fine. The other post is by Iceflyer and he wrote that he has Flight1 product also. ???

Well heres the thing. I removed all but UT2 and rebooted but the crash still happens.Its in the rwy27R area on the ground only. By crash I mean (collision). Any other ideas?
                                                                                             Thankyou.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 05:27:13 am by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: crash report KFLL
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:41:48 am »
Have you removed all the other addons you have ?

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »
To answer Mr. Virtuali, No I did not remove UT2 or FSUIPC. I did remove all others.This collision on rwy27R is not a fault with FSDT scenery. I will remove FSUIPC and reboot. If that doesnt fix then I know its UT2. The UT2 program interfears with other programs like ai carriers1 and 2 also some airport addons like military bases. So I will get back to you with results. I have FSX/ACC. Windows XP/SP3
                                                                            Thankyou very much :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:42:06 pm »
If that doesnt fix then I know its UT2. The UT2 program interfears with other programs like ai carriers1 and 2 also some airport addons like military bases.

I thought you said in your first message that, removing UT2 didn't fix the crash.

skimmer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:00:33 pm »
UT2 and FSUIPC4 were the only 2 addons that I did not remove.In the first post I meant to say that at the time of iceflyers posting I tested my KFLL for same (collision crash) that he had and was not able to reproduce it. As of now I did remove FSUIPC4 and it made no difference,still (collision crash) happens. So I beleive it must be UT2 and that program is very very time consuming to setup from new install, so I have decided to let it be as is and possibly take this issue to them since it is not a sceanery problem. Do you agree? If you want me to remove UT2 so we know for sure I will be happy to.
                                                                                     Thankyou  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:05:46 pm »
Do you agree? If you want me to remove UT2 so we know for sure I will be happy to.

Could you try with traffic disabled ? Perhaps, UT2 is creating an invisible airplane on the runway, that you are crashing into.

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:33:41 pm »
Okay,I disabled both commercial and general traffic and the, collision crash, still happens. We know its UT2 but why. Im beginning to dislike that purchase but the administator at Flight1 said -( I am completely redoing the add-on schedule section in the service pack.  Just hang on for its release and all of the issue will be solved.)FINISH..
    Virtuali if you want me to try anything else Im at your service.      Thankyou for all your attention ;D ;D

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:28:20 pm »
I found out that UT2 s fix on add on schedule is not for the problem we are talking about. However it has been suggested that I find out if there is an AFCAD for this airport and see if there is a problem with that. WHAT???? It was also suggested that I find a program called (Airport Design Editor) and use that to study fix. The last idea was to remove KFLL and see if I have problem in same area. Before I do any of that your input is important.
                                                                 Thankyou very much Virtuali. ;D       PS. Im now a Jr. Member :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:30:57 pm by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »
The only thing you can be sure of, is that you DO NOT have to remove KFLL. We already checked if there was any problem with it and, right now, there are only 2 users reporting this crash, which should be otherwise very easy to notice. Of course, assuming you are using the AFCAD that comes with KFLL (current 1.2 version), and it hasn't been modified.

Yes, a duplicated AFCAD might create a problem, especially if you don't keep KFLL on top of it on the Scenery Library. There is a reason why the installer put it at the very top.

To look for duplicate AFCAD, you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner, which is made by the same people of ADE. This will check how many AFCADs you have for a specific airport. You should have two, and only two, at maximum. The default one, which is named something like APxxxxx.BGL, and it resides in the NAME scenery folder, and the one we supply with KFLL, which is named AP_KFLL.BGL, and it's located in the fsdreamteam\KFLL folder.

If you have more, delete all the extra.

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 02:56:43 am »
No AFCAD to be found in scenery file.(scenery world scenery) Only had two,one in KFLL and one in KORD. Im ready to let this be as is untill I uninstall UT2. I thankyou very much for time and input you have given me on this issue. :)