Author Topic: KORD V2 preview  (Read 25457 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
KORD V2 preview
« on: May 03, 2019, 07:51:52 pm »
upcoming news ...   :)

VHHHflyer

Re: KORD V2 preview
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »
Simply stunning.

Zimmerbz

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:43:32 pm »
When you say, upcoming news, are the pics the news or will there be some sort of update soon?  Nonetheless, the pics look awesome

F737NG

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 10:56:28 pm »
Nice! Looking forward to some more screenshots / videos whenever they're ready.

jwcruz825

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 02:19:59 am »
nice screenshoot but we have seen this terminal 1 before and on the older previews before is there a way to do one on the international Teminal 5 , ground Text ,night light of the runway to see how its looking or maybe  top-down view of the area ?

american398

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 02:26:10 am »
nice screenshoot but we have seen this terminal 1 before and on the older previews before is there a way to do one on the international Teminal 5 , ground Text ,night light of the runway to see how its looking or maybe  top-down view of the area ?

I was thinking the same thing.

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 07:55:05 am »

I was thinking the same thing.

In the real counterpart the changes to the taxiways proceed very quickly, we are working on the changes of May 2019, our scenario will be in progress even after the release, we have a modification system of the terrain, which allows us great flexibility and speed in the layout changes . From now until 2021 Kord will not be the same as today, that's the reason for the previews only of the central part, I didn't want to put the fog to cover secrets ...  :D :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 10:29:20 am »

It's all done but, the way we work, the scenery is not usually made to be completed by areas, central terminals were the only ones made this way because we first wanted to test the final look (first scenery ever made for PBR, this is NOT a conversion!) on a section of the scenery, so we were able to publish the first video a while ago.

But that's not normally how we work. Once we were sure how it would look, we resumed our usual way of work, of doing the scenery not by geographical sections, but by class of objects, like doing all the ground lines first, then the ground textures, then the buildings, then the building smaller details, then the ambient occlusion pass, then the night light pass. The latest steps, like ambient occlusion rendering and night creation rendering, take some time, like having to do overnight renders, and they must be made as the last possible moment, because if you change something, like moving a detail, adding a lightpole, etc, it will require doing those steps again so, we would rather doing them only once, instead of stop working and do them at intermediate times (when we don't need them) JUST to be able to publish screenshots.

If we published screenshots before all the steps are completed, they would look very flat. Even more in PBR, when the proper way of doing textures (Albedo separated from Ambient Occlusion), results in Albedo textures being *very* dull looking if there's no AO so, they won't get the real idea of the final quality and would like FS9-ish.

With O'Hare, this is even worse because, we already re-made some of the ground layout (which drives the subsequent steps), to keep up with the airport construction, which is happening at a very fast pace. It would be enough to look at the AIRAC updates of the past months: the taxiway layout changed in December, changed again in March, and has changed *again* in April.

Fortunately, we took the right decision at the start, of NOT having the scenery being based on a satellite image. The ground is entirely CGI, since modern PBR creation software allows us to create photorealistic materials that looks 100% starting from the same data used to create taxiways and aprons. This result in a better and much cleaner look, since cleaner textures compress much better (DDS being a fixed compression ratio method, meaning the more clean the texture is, the best it will look when compressed) but, most importantly, allows us to keep the scenery updated in a reasonably fast time, since we don't have to wait for the availability of aerial photos, so as soon as a new AIRAC cycle comes out, we could start working on an upgrade. Because the airport will continue to change, at least will into 2021.

Bigteeze

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »
So when is this news coming?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 03:41:59 pm »

In another thread.

Bigteeze

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 03:56:43 pm »

In another thread.

I'm confused...this news will be released in another thread or it is currently in another thread?

aal763

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »
uggghhh I'm so bummed out. I made the complete switch to XP11 in November, and now I see these previews :(   Umberto & Alessandro, if you ever decide to port this masterpiece over to XP11 like others are doing, you can have my money!  Seriously, I want this soooo badly, even if it means going without some of the P3Dv4 only features.  The Nimbus one for XP11 is missing a ton of gates.  (and XP11 has no KIAH, so you could make a ton of money with Houston also :))

Anyways, keep up the wonderful work Umberto and team!  You were always my favorite scenery developer amongst the big 3 for ESP platforms.  I got your KORD scenery way back in the FS9 days and was still using it up until my switch to XP11.  I thought that would be hard to beat, but this is simply on another level of detail!  

Regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:17:43 pm by aal763 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 03:45:10 am »
Umberto & Alessandro, if you ever decide to port this masterpiece over to XP11 like others are doing, you can have my money!  

If there's one airport that has a chance to be ported to X-Plane, it's KORD V2. This doesn't mean anything so, hold the excitement: we first have to release it for P3D4, then we'll have start considering it.

mattd319

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 04:18:05 am »
Also recently got into Xplane and would love to have the FSDT airports ported over.

As a local, this is fantastic - one of the world's busiest airports finally getting attention.  Can't wait!

On a minor side note, will the jetway logos be corrected to the real-world sizes?  Referencing this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17466.msg122765.html#msg122765

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 11:44:23 am »
On a minor side note, will the jetway logos be corrected to the real-world sizes? 

We'll have to make a GSX update to support this, so alternate aspect logos would be available to everybody, not just at KORD.