Author Topic: Couatl crashes  (Read 2528 times)

claude101141

Couatl crashes
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:51:09 pm »
Good morning; for unknown reasons in the middle of a flight couatl has crashed and I cant reinstall it. The consequences are multiple, no decors in the FSDReamteam airports and of course no accessories too; moreover it seems it affects also the whole scenery for instance the sea has disappapeared on the pacific coast at SFO!!!!!
What should I do? I have also a problem: if I need to reinstall GSX base program, following a crash I've lost the different installation files which were in the addonmanager directory and I did not realize at that time, as well as the different FSdreamteam airports installation files I had bought; I still have the different correspondant serial numbers which I had printed.
You'll find attached different screen captures showing the error message etc...
Thanks in advance for your help and sorting out of this mess!
Claude (Paris-France)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl crashes
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 12:23:27 am »
You haven't posted the only helpful information: the one that would appear after you reply YES to the question "Do you want to open the error log to see details ?"

The whole point of that question, is that you could provide that information to support, so we can help you understand the problem.

claude101141

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 07:31:48 am »
Good Morning

You haven't posted the only helpful information: the one that would appear after you reply YES to the question "Do you want to open the error log to see details ?"

The whole point of that question, is that you could provide that information to support, so we can help you understand the problem.

The file is under Couatl.txt as one cant upload *.log files , I had to change the suffix of the file from Log to TXT.

Best
Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:59:16 am »
The file is under Couatl.txt as one cant upload *.log files , I had to change the suffix of the file from Log to TXT.

The error message in the log indicates you have likely installed some old installer (GSX, KLAX, or both) on top of a newer one, which seems likely considering this sentence of yours:

I need to reinstall GSX base program, following a crash I've lost the different installation files which were in the addonmanager directory and I did not realize at that time, as well as the different

There's no such thing as a "GSX base program" installer anywhere on our site. The one and only installer contains GSX L2 as well, and nowhere on our site we have a "base" installer anymore, if with "base installer" you mean a GSX installer without the L2 features.

So, it seems you are likely installing either GSX, or FSDT KLAX, using an old installer, one that used the old update system instead the new Live Update which appeared in mid-2017, which makes impossible to install older stuff. If you are installing using older installers, nothing will work anymore, basically.

So, just download and install all your FSDT products using only their current versions, and don't use any older installers you might have saved from the past.

The other issue reported, the sea disappeared from the pacific coast, cannot possibly have anything to do with anything we do, since none of our products extends so far from KLAX. It's likely an issue caused by a global scenery product.

claude101141

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 02:46:20 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for those info; what made misunderstand the way the GSX extension is downloaded is that in your shop there is an option for the extension alone and that's what I bought (here a copy of my invoice).

Dear Claude Rozsa,

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:53:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:57:15 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for those info; what made misunderstand the way the GSX extension is downloaded is that in your shop there is an option for the extension alone and that's what I bought (here a copy of my invoice).

Never, ever, put your details on a public forum! And besides, nobody even asked you for a proof of purchase, which you should (only when asked), only post PRIVATELY, using the support email, which should the only one used to discuss order details.

In any case, regardless of what you ordered, if the goal of your post was to fix your error, which is caused by having installed an old version of either GSX or KLAX, or both, you should simply do as I've said:

- Download and install the CURRENT version of the installers for all your FSDT products.

- Don't use old installers.

There's only one installer for GSX on our site, which includes L2 (of course, depending if you have a L2 license or not, those features will be or not active), so you cannot go wrong.

And, there's only one installer for KLAX on our site (or anything else), and it's the latest version so, as long you only install what you download now, you cannot go wrong.

claude101141

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 03:08:23 pm »
If I understand you well, my actual serial numbers will be accepted as valid by the new airports downloads. Am I correct?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:14:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 03:14:35 pm »
If I understand you well, my actual serial numbers will be accepted as valid by the new airports downloads. Am I correct?

Of course. We never charged for scenery updates.

claude101141

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:48 pm »
Thanks a lot Umberto; have a nice day.
Claude